Problems with Shelly 2.5 switch stock driver

I'll try the user driver. I'll also attach a screenshot.

Those URL's are working with the system driver, not with the user driver

If you use the on/off in the device does the status change?
Are we talking about the same screen?

With the system driver, I get child devices that will turn on (through the dashboard, device page or rule) but won't turn off.

When I install using the "user" driver, I do get alot more information on the device, I can poll, etc. But on and off do not work, even if I disable the I/O URL actions.

very strange, maybe there is an issue because you have made 2 device's with the same IP or used 2 different drivers on 1 device or maybe it is a shelly 2.5 issue.

If I was you I should start all over again (I guess you are on the latest Hubitat 2.2.4.158 firmware)

• delete the problem device or devices in Hubitat

• factory reset the shelly 2.5 & reinstall it in the Shelly app

• rollback the Shelly firmware to 1.7.0

• add again the shelly 2.5 in Hubitat with the system driver, hit the save preference till you see the 2 channels

• check if the 5 action links are filled in for both channels in your Shelly device

• test ON/OFF in your 2 child devices and see if the status is changing in the device, If not try to use the refresh button.

• If everything is working, upgrade the shelly again to the latest firmware

Hope this is working because I am out of idea's

BrunoVoeten,
Thanks for the help! I did exactly what you said step by step (except I haven't upgraded back to latest yet). I can now turn devices on and off through the device list. I can still turn the devices on with the dashboard, but I still can't turn the devices off with the dashboard. But frankly, my dashboard often gives me the wrong status for various devices, so I don't trust it.

However, the Shelly can be turned on and off with an app, which is all I was after.

I'm reluctant to flash back to latest firmware now that you have it working !

Thanks again.

1 Like

Hmm, don't know how to fix this, this is a similar issue as @roberto where there was never a solution for, I looks something gets corrupt in the dashboard

The problem of not saving the action URL is solved in the 2.2.5 platform

shelly 1 on latest firmware on 2.2.5 stock driver still not working for me.. doesn't even register on/off when doing locally with hubitat device panel.. switch does turn on/off but there are no events in history so rules don't work.

url does have on off in switch config, but again this is wrong as these urls apparently changed.. anyone know what the new ones are?

In addition turning on off directly from shelly web interface also does not register events in the hubitat device..

switching back to shelly latest driver does register on off events direct from hubitat device panel so rules work, but again urls do not work as they are incorrect.

Can you show a printscreen of your action url in your shelly?

I have exact the same links, they are correct, of course my IP address of my hub is different, did you filled in those links by hand in the Shelly, or are there filled in when saving the device in Hubitat?
If your HUB ip address is changed in the meantime it will not work....

Mabybe you can delete all the links in you shelly and save your device in Hubitat again, the links should appear again in the shelly, IF not you doing something wrong, maybe a wrong password, wrong username, wrong IP device address?

nope that is correct.. that is the correct ip for the hub..
no password on my shelly as i am only using local control no cloud

do you have the cloud enabled.. i dont want anything going to the cloud

i wonder if something still goes to the cloud .. i block russia, china, etc from my firewall as if all local with ip the dns issue should not cause a problem.. that points to something going through the cloud

I just dived into the Shelly 1 product running 20210415-125832/v1.10.3-g23074d0 version. I used the Hubitat Switch WiFi driver, however my issue is I cannot seem to get a status update of the switch after turning it off or on. If I refresh it does show the correct status of the switch.. I used the URLs above and the port 39501 messages come in but don't seem to match my device.

2021-04-24 10:52:24.051 am Received data from 172.16.2.102, no matching device found for 172.16.2.102, AC100266:611F, null or AC100266.
sys:12021-04-24 10:52:21.259 am Received data from 172.16.2.102, no matching device found for 172.16.2.102, AC100266:3EF4, null or AC100266.

tried with and without /s at the end of the url.

yes, seperated by a route only - no fw.

Bingo - that's much more happier. Thank you!

1 Like

@roberto, today I had the same error as you have, everything was working except the status update, The status was correct after a refresh.
This was the situation: I had a defect shelly, I replaced it with a new one with the original IP address, did a save settings and preference so the url's are saved to the shelly, everything was working except the status update.

After changing the IP address in the driver to another fictive one, save and then save the original one the problem of the status update was solved

Maybe this info can help somebody....

2 Likes

@BrunoVoeten
Late but gratefull :grin:
Thank you Bruno

1 Like

@BrunoVoeten ........ I want to buy you a beer!!!

I have been thrashing for a couple hours. Grrrrrrr

1. New Shelly 2.5
  2. Updated the hub to the latest 2.3.1.139
  3. Updated the Shelly to the latest
  4. Uninstalled the 2.5 and reistalled, 4 times
  5. Cruising the community messages and stumbled here, thankfully

2022-04-16_19-38-20

Your hints fixed it for me!!! My steps ...

1. In the HE Devices flow, change the Shelly IP to something different
  2. Change the Shelly IP back to the original IP
  3. Now the "On" and "Off" buttons in the child devices work as expected, verified in the Shelly application

I did not alter the IP setting in the Shelly application when taking those steps. The device IP was not modified.

I no longer see the errors in the logs "no matching device found for ..."

Thanks again!!!

1 Like