Troubleshooting parse not called for Zigbee power strip

This is an Edge Lua driver and works in ST only.

I have stated this several times already - these Tuya Zigbee devices, which are problematic in HE work flawlessly with the SmartThings hub.

1 Like

My bad - I didn't actually look at the driver. And was shocked that the device was stable with HE. Makes more sense that it was stable on ST .....

1 Like

That's a shame, we must make it work in HE! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion, I meant that I was able to get the outlet to work with my SmartThings hub (not flawlessly, but good enough) using the community driver I shared. It does NOT work flawlessly with the built-in drivers in SmartThings, which was why I was trying to get it to work with Hubitat. The default behavior in SmartThings is that only a single outlet is controllable out of the 5 (4 plugs and a combo of 4 usb slots as one endpoint) and all others are powered off, which is certainly not flawless or even acceptable.

I suspect that there is a way to get it to work with Hubitat and based on my findings with the tuya magic commands in other places linked previously, the problem is not unique to Hubitat. I'll continue trying to experiment. If anyone has any more info about the tuya magic stuff that would be helpful.

I am afraid that these of the new Tuya devices, including this one, which have a SoC _TZ3000_xxxxxxx and the firmware/application version is 64 do require some Zigbee 3.0 protocol version specific responses from the ZIgbee coordinator, which HE does not send during the pairing process.

Do you think this is a problem that would need to be fixed in HE or can that be part of a driver?

This. And Hubitat is a ZHA1.2 coordinator. Not a Zigbee 3.0 coordinator.

1 Like

I am trying to find what are the differences between HE and ST during the initial Zigbee pairing process.

One difference is that in response to the Node Descriptor Request from the device, HE responds with Stack Compliance Revision: 21. while both ST (v3) and Tuya Gateway respond with Stack Compatibility Revision: 22

Same 'Stack Compliance Revision: 22' is reported by Aqara E1 hub

I made the Aqara P1 and Aqara FP1 working with HE by forcely sending a 'falsified' Node Descriptor Response, copied from Aqara Zigbee hub response. This hack worked for Aqara, but does not work now for the new Tuya devices based on a new SoC , respectively new Zigbee stack.

3 Likes

Another difference: Zigbee 3.0 Route Request from the device and the Route Reply response sent by SmartThings V3 hub:

With HE, the device does not sent a Route Request at all.

Not receiving an answer from the Zigbee coordinator to the previously sent broadcast could be the reason to leave the pairing procedure, change the NWK, and start again.

Seems like these new Tuya devices require Zigbee 3.0 coordinator, although the specs say ".... Older implementation based on the R21 specification are still compatible with the new R22 specification" Tuya is well known to not fully follow the standards... or have a ''special' interpretation.

2 Likes

I have the "same" power strip. It's looks exactly like the Jinvoo, but without branding. It does have the same model but was purchased from aliexpress in January 2022. It does change its 16 bit address fairly regularly, but remains connected and controllable. When you buy Tuya, you never know what firmware or SOC you will receive. I got lucky, the HE generic zigbee multi endpoint device driver works perfect and I can control all outlets and the USB ports(all USB go on/off together)

Here's my info

Pairing Info
Manufacturer: _TYZB01_vkwryfdr
Endpoint 01 application: 42
Endpoint 01 endpointId: 01
Endpoint 01 idAsInt: 1
Endpoint 01 inClusters: 0000,000A,0004,0005,0006
Endpoint 01 initialized: true
Endpoint 01 manufacturer: _TYZB01_vkwryfdr
Endpoint 01 model: TS0115
Endpoint 01 outClusters: 0019
Endpoint 01 profileId: 0104
Endpoint 01 stage: 4
Endpoint 02 application: unknown
Endpoint 02 endpointId: 02
Endpoint 02 idAsInt: 2
Endpoint 02 inClusters: 0004,0005,0006
Endpoint 02 initialized: true
Endpoint 02 manufacturer: unknown
Endpoint 02 model: unknown
Endpoint 02 profileId: 0104
Endpoint 02 stage: 4
Endpoint 03 application: unknown
Endpoint 03 endpointId: 03
Endpoint 03 idAsInt: 3
Endpoint 03 inClusters: 0004,0005,0006
Endpoint 03 initialized: true
Endpoint 03 manufacturer: unknown
Endpoint 03 model: unknown
Endpoint 03 profileId: 0104
Endpoint 03 stage: 4
Endpoint 04 application: unknown
Endpoint 04 endpointId: 04
Endpoint 04 idAsInt: 4
Endpoint 04 inClusters: 0004,0005,0006
Endpoint 04 initialized: true
Endpoint 04 manufacturer: unknown
Endpoint 04 model: unknown
Endpoint 04 profileId: 0104
Endpoint 04 stage: 4
Endpoint 07 application: unknown
Endpoint 07 endpointId: 07
Endpoint 07 idAsInt: 7
Endpoint 07 inClusters: 0004,0005,0006
Endpoint 07 initialized: true
Endpoint 07 manufacturer: unknown
Endpoint 07 model: unknown
Endpoint 07 profileId: 0104
Endpoint 07 stage: 4

Hi.
Anyone could help me with this?
What would be the best solution for this device to work?
Zigbee2mqtt?
Any other?
I'm stuck with three of them atm.

what hub do you have, C7 or C8 ?

I Have C-8

Hmm, I'm pretty sure that the testing above by Kkossev was done on a C7 which has a different zigbee chip. The new C8 has a new Zigbee 3.0 stack and you could get lucky. My strip used the zigbee multi-endpoint driver.
What happens if you try to pair one of the devices?
If it doesn't work Z2M would likely work, check their DB for compatible devices

Well it doesn't work. I can pair it but that's about it.
It has been recognised as zemismart multi gang device and that's it. I've connected it to old cc2531 (z2m) chip running on pi and it works there nicely. However I don’t have a clue how to connect it to hubitat. The guide I found is somewhat confusing.
Downloaded the z2m driver. Connected to mqtt server and that's where I'm stuck really.

Hang on. You're running Z2M? I have a small Z2M setup but never had to download a driver. Sometimes a device on Z2M will report as unsupported, but if you let it sit on the mesh, it clears itself up. Which coordinator are you using for Z2M? I'm asking because it seems like the EFR32mg is not fully hatched, kinda like Z-wave 700 series release

I do have z2m on raspberry pi with cc2531.
It does report it andit works. I can operate from frontend however I haven't got a clue how to connect it to hubitat.

The simplest way is to use Home Assistant on the Pi. Use z2m from within HA to create entities for paired devices. Then use the Hubitat community integration called Home Assistant Device Bridge (HADB) to bring these devices into Hubitat.

1 Like

@aaiyar comes to the rescue, par for the course !

FYI-the "driver" you mentioned before from @birdslikewires only supports a limited number of devices, Aqara & Ikea, but a fantastic piece of work nonetheless. Maybe someday someone will expand on his work.

1 Like

@Rxich has nudged me into life.

Coincidentally I wrote a Hubitat native driver for something similar. No promises, but might be worth a try?

1 Like

Hi @birdslikewires

I love to try it but unfortunately non of the links you posted works. :pensive:
Going back to HA.
I use to loved HA.
Just got fed up with daily, weekly updates after which my devices stopped working. Just couldn't be bothered to keep fixing it.
Hence my jump on hubitat bandwagon.

Darn it, you're right!

Thanks for the heads-up - everything I've written is available through Hubitat Package Manager, so I must admit to not always being on the ball with those links. I may change all my posts to just point to HPM in the future.