[RELEASE] Aqara FP1 Human Presence Sensor (RTCZCGQ11LM)

Spoke too soon. Soon as I moved it it stop working. Even after I put it back to were it was working. I need a break from this thing.

@bbholthome put it away and lets try again later when we have it tested with the new C-8 hub.
I think that a lot of problems like in your case are coming from the FP1 incompatibility with the C-7 and older HE hubs that don't support the Zigbee 3.0 specifics.

There are too many hacks in this driver implemented to make it work with C-7. None of these have been ever needed for FP1 to start reporting in Zigbee2MQTT or DeConz or SmartThings or any other Zigbee 3.0 coordinator.

I hope we will know more in a week from now.

1 Like

I believe the only difference between the C7 and C8 hubs is the antennas for better range.
I have had no issues with my C7 or another C5.

I had tried two different FP1 with the same results on this problem C5 hub they kept falling off.
Then after I posted that last message it dawn on me the likely reason is my C5 hub is overloaded not just in routines but also devices.
The hub can only handle 32 directly connecting zigbee devices more with routers but no guarantee the FP1 will route though a router.
I have 57 zigbee devices on this overloaded C5 vs only aprox 13 on each of my other C5 and C7.

So will definitely have to split up my C5 with my C8.

No, the differences between ZHA 1.2 and Zigbee 3.0 are of huge importance for probably 0.5% of all the devices that we use for home automation... And I think that Aqara FP1 fits in this 0.5% segment.

1 Like

My mistake I thought they had updated zigbee 3 on the C7

1 Like

No, see here and here (Zigbee2MQTT requires Zigbee coordinator firmware dated Nov 2021 or newer).

1 Like

Sounds good. I had no good reason for C8. But I may now...

1 Like

I just noticed the old build in your state. The current build is 54 and my understanding is that there were quite a few significant changes between the two builds. If you have an Aqara hub you would do well to try and get it updated.

2 Likes

Good, catch!

I'm collaborating with @kkossev on an FP1 specific driver with support for REGIONS. Specifically it provides a way to define up to 10 regions along with an "Interference" region using a visual grid to select which blocks to include.

We are looking for a small number of testers for a closed beta testing period. If you wish to join and have at least one FP1 you can experiment with, please PM me and I will add you to the testing group.

10 Likes

Anyone know how to update the firmware on a FP1?

For now the only way to update the FP1 firmware is from an Aqara hub.

I have this Aqara Smart Hub E1 :

(Amazon .com)

It is very inexpensive, just €29.99 on the German Amazon, and should be even cheaper in the US.

3 Likes

... and Aqara FP2 is already there :

Ordered! Thanks

I assume that i meed to exclude first from HE before pairing with Aqara hub?

No, the Zigbee devices do not need explicit exclusion from the previous coordinator.
Just press the button for 5 seconds until the LED blinks 3 times when the Aqara hub is in 'Add devices' mode.

Pretty sure the build number in Hubitat is in hex where the published version from Aqara is in decimal. I bought the E1 because all five of my FP1s are showing build 36. Moved the first one over and it shows version 54 already in the Aqara app. Moved it back to Hubitat and still showing 36.

Hex 36 = decimal 54

2 Likes

I had it in my TODO list for quite a long time, but now in the next driver version I will add 'aqaraVersion' as formatted in their native app to be shown in the Aqara devices Data section. Hopefully, this will avoid similar misunderstandings in the future.

I am going to do the same with the Tuya drivers later.

2 Likes

I was able to update the firmware via Zigbee2MQTT on Home Assistant. From firmware version 35 and file version 53… to firmware 36 and file version 54, and I have no more problems with it, it's absolutely rock solid now.

how did you do that? I see the FP1 in my z2m and it shows up normally but then I check for new updates under OTA it tells me there are no new updates