Report showing all battery statuses

Thanks Danabw. I think I used this app on my Smartthings. It is what I was looking for.

I think the HE is much more capable than Smartthings. So far, I am glad I made the switch.

Absolutely. I maintain a spreadsheet right now, but if it was built into hubitat it would be easier to just export via the maker API and get a nice CSV file ready to go.

1 Like

This is my downfall, I didn't record anything. lol. So I have no clue other then what the sensors report.

1 Like

it's rare - but some drivers actually are logging the battery - somehow. The GEneric Zigbee Motion driver for example:

Recently I was installing a Linkind motion sensor using a User driver - it was using a 'Battery Changed:" attribute (doing this from recollection). So foundationally it's possible but numerous drivers would need to begin getting updates to battery date/state routines. Thats a lot of drivers to finger.

I've seen that before in a few drivers. Is that the time the battery was last out? That in Seconds?

You may also want to look at Device Watchdog.

5 Likes

Yep, I current use that one, it works great! But I have lost track of how often I am replacing batteries in what device.

Yeah, it has been requested before to be able to record custom info against devices, including date / time of battery replacement. Best I can suggest is to look at recording details in something like InfluxDB on a rpi and look for large changes in the positive direction in terms of the battery level, I e. using something like Grafana.

Alternatively you may be able to detect it in a rule and record the changes in a local file....

1 Like

I manually update a Google sheet.

I got fancy and applied some conditional formatting to color some values.

2 Likes

Sounds like an app to me!
I like your google sheets - sure'd be nice if HE allowed storing bin files. What about doing Post events to the sheet from a Rule? Could write a rule that gets trigger on low battery event - which fires a message or email and the sets a date change to the sheet?

That has been my experience as well. Battery reporting is mostly useless, not just with Hubitat.

2 Likes

This post shows how to do it from a Rule: HOWTO Add rows directly to Google Sheets
And this does it in a custom app: Activity monitor - logs in google sheets

If you are on Android, I recommend [RELEASE] Hubitat Dashboard - Android dashboard app - #1788 by jpage4500

3 Likes

Agree. Amazing app...

I'm already a huge fan of @jpage4500 and his Android Dashboard!
I recognize the OP posted about showing battery status - and there are a number of solves for this as other community members have posted - The real need I still have is the battery management. There currently is no way that I know of to have HE track the battery itself. Seeing the model, the last change date... even if not 'dynamically' posting to Google sheets is a start point. Problem of course is it's external - that's a bummer.
Like I learned about hosting Icons for drivers and apps I write, things break when outside the hub. A local server for storage - like the BlueIris or others and their rPi's etc... but the concept is sound!

1 Like

110% agree. The developer is a community member and very skilled and fast at improving the app. I dare say it is the "best" dashboard.
Huge kudos to @jpage4500

3 Likes

I use Home Assistant to monitor battery status. HA not only reports the battery status it also shows the last update time.

Screen Shot 2021-12-09 at 4.40.30 PM

I use the native HE Notifications app to let me know if a battery drops below a certain level, Im using 40%, If any are lower I get a notification, Easy to set up.

I have this setup for text notifications as well, but have found levels fluctuate significantly over time.