[RELEASE] Homebridge Hubitat v2.0

Latest AppleTV.

Will try.

They are.

Yes.

They are all up to date.

Is there any way to figure out which device(s) are contributing most to homebridge calls? I'm trying to figure out if reducing hub load will help with some issues I'm having hub-wide. After moving Ecobee and Rachio off my central hub, Homebridge is the app making the most calls by far (over 100k calls):

You could try turning on detailed logging. Its going to be whatever devices you have shared with the app which create the most events. Every time a device has a status change the HB app will have to process it and then decide if it should send it over to HB or ignore it.

Your % of total is not too bad, less than 1% of overall CPU time. Although My HB app is only 0.142 so yours is a bit busier.

I now see there is device history at least for the last 25 events. Gives me a little idea. One thing is my Flume sensor and ecobee thermostats are sending events for attributes that HomeKit doesn’t do anything with. How can I stop sending homekit these events? I see attribute filtering for some things but not what I need:

For example, how do I stop Homebridge from sending Homekit Ecobee events for attributes other than the temperature attribute and the other themostat-related attributes that Homekit actually supports?

The easiest way is to simply directly pair your Ecobee thermostat to HomeKit, and simply take Hubitat and HomeBridge out of the picture. Hubitat can still be connected to your Ecobee, as that happens via a cloud integration.

1 Like

Great suggestion. Thanks! Wonder if I can do that with Flume too…

Looks like your hub load is really low...

Not sure what you are optimizing for?

As part of troubleshooting errors in the log that some have suggested could be load related, or perhaps just too much load demand all at once sometimes.

Is there a way to resume or set a light to adaptive lighting through rule machine after doing a color change?

My lights blink different colors for alerts at night. Once in a while a single light will get stuck on the color profile. In the past I have used Node-Red to cache the normal state of the lights properties prior to a color change. Then inject the payload back to the light after 15 seconds to ensure it returns to the appropriate color.

After transitioning to Hubitat from a Smartthings Hub yesterday, I find it to be faster and more efficient than Node-Red automations.

Still familiarizing myself with Hubitat. Any thought from the community would be greatly appreciated.

I am trying to bring the devices on homebridge to hubitat, AC's mostly.
but i cannot see them anywhere.
what i'm doing wrong?

HomeKit does not support "exporting" devices, whether via HomeBridge or any other means, to third-party systems -- only the integration of other devices into HomeKit. To get anything out, you'll have to use a workaround, like importing a device from that third party system into Home and then using a Home Automation to communicate between the two. This is easy for things like switches, even if a bit tedious to set up; it will get trickier and possibly impossible for 100% functionality for other devices like thermostats.

3 Likes

I am trying to get my Level deadbolt exposed to Hubitat so I can use it in automations.

I have both Hubitat and Homebridge configured correctly and communication between the 2 seems to be working.

Im just not sure how to get the Level lock exposed? It kind of seems like you already have to have the lock working in Homebridge and then the plugin passes it along to Hubitat? It's not showing up in the list of devices that Hubitat sees though and I dont see anywhere that I would make the plugin recognize new devices?

Am I missing a step?

What @bertabcd1234 posted right above you ....

You can't with Homebridge/HomeKit. As others have mentioned above, HomeKit does not allow you to reverse send/export/share its devices to other hubs or automation systems.

There is a workaround that I haven't noticed mentioned for @Hardax. If you want to add a Home Assistant hub to your smart home setup, then you could add HomeKit devices to the HomeKit Controller integration on HA and bring that lock into HE via Home Assistant Device Bridge.

This may not be the way everyone wants to go, but it solves an unbelievable number of compatibility problems. HA and HE working together are literally an indispensable part of my smart home setup now. I and many others are using the exact method described above for the new Aqara FP2 mmWave sensor that is a native HomeKit WiFi device.

2 Likes

This seems to be a good solution.

My response was an answer to the OP's questioning the use of Homebridge to expose the lock to Hubitat.

1 Like

Understood :v:

Gotcha - Thanks all.

I found a posting here stating that people are using this plugin to expose the Level lock. Im not sure what they are referring to then??

This uses a virtual switch that is exposed to HomeKit via the Hubitat to HomeKit integration. Then HomeKit/Home app automations are used to lock and unlock the Level lock when those virtual switches are activated.

1 Like