Level Lock + HomeKit Integration + Hubitat

Now that Hubitat has built in HomeKit integration (albeit in only one direction), it is possible to easily allow Hubitat to control your Level Locks. I simply created a Hubitat Virtual Switch for each lock (e.g. "Front Door Virtual") and then used the Hubitat HomeKit integration app to share the lock with HomeKit. Then, in the Apple Home app, I created two automations: one to lock the Level Lock when the virtual switch is turned on, and another to unlock the Level Lock when the virtual switch is turned off. You can't use Virtual Locks because the HomeKit integration doesn't allow locks.

It's also possible to run Homebridge on your NAS/Raspberry Pi and then surface the locks through GitHub - tonesto7/homebridge-hubitat-tonesto7: Hubitat Homebridge Plugin but I haven't bothered to do that yet because the Level Locks are the only Homekit-only devices I have.
-Hank

1 Like

+1. I am running the HomeBridge option and can confirm it works well with the Level Locks.

I’m doing this too with my Level locks via Homebridge. It works well. Down the road I plan on transitioning to the built in HomeKit integration.