[RELEASE] Homebridge Hubitat v2.0

It’s all on. Don’t see anything out of ordinary. Rebooting Apple Tv to see if it fixes it.

1 Like

Same here. Only notification is working. Still can’t control any of the locks or garage door.

I did update Hoobs and reboot it hoping it will fix it but still the same.

I got it sorted.

I went check the logs on Hoobs and noticed it couldn’t find the Hubitat at the ip address so I remembered it stopped bridging around time I updated Hubitat and sure enough it requested a different ip address than the one reserved for it so I reconfigured Homebridge on Hoobs to a new ip address abd everything works again.

I found strange notifications works fine with wrong ip address so is it going through the Hubitat new homekit app or what? just curious how notification still works

1 Like

This was very helpful to me! I upgraded to the C-8 and had the same issues you described with Homebridge sending notifications through Apple Home but being unable to control any devices. The IP address was the culprit! Thanks for sharing the insights!

1 Like

I recently added a door sensor to my Homebridge and as usual it defaulted to my Office as the room. I went to change this and it kept reverting back to the initial Office room. Has anyone seen this and if so how do you fix it?

[edit] Never mind. I just tried again and it worked. By the way it was a motion sensor. I think the system just needed soak time.

1 Like

I’ve seen this for a while now independent of what integration the device is coming from (Hue, HA, HE).

1 Like

Is there a way to add homebridge devices to hubitat?

Homebridge has a really nice plugin for my Carrier Infinity Thermostat, would be great to control that with hubitat

Not exactly. Homebridge pulls devices into the iOS Home app, but that’s all. Devices that each have a Homebridge plugin, like Hubitat and your thermostat, still can’t communicate directly.

It’s possible to get creative by adding Hubitat virtual switches into the Home app, then setting a Hubitat automation to flip that switch. When the switch flips in the Home app, that can hopefully be used as a trigger for a Home app automation to adjust your thermostat.

I haven’t personally tried that with a thermostat specifically, though.

I've added 1 door lock and 1 garage door opener to Homebridge (using Homebridge Hubitat v2.0). I see each device in Homebridge and I'm able to control each via the UI. The issue I'm facing is that no matter what I do, both devices show with "No response" in the Home app/HomeKit and I cannot control either one. I'm at my wit's end and tried everything that I can think of to no avail.

Check the log and see if any error message sending to Homekit

Which log specifically?

you should ensure there are no warnings or errors in the HE logs:

he console -> logs

if that is ok, the you can check the home bridge logs which are visible when you login to your home bridge server

There are no errors in the HE logs. As I mentioned, both devices operate properly from the Homebridge UI.

There don't seem to be any errors in the Homebridge logs either. In fact, I can see the lock's lock and unlock activity within the logs.

I just can't figure out why both devices still show as "No response" from within the Home app.

Have you tried using Hubitat's built-in HomeKit integration?

Have you tried using @dan.t's MakerAPI HomeBridge Plugin? I have been using this for years and it works amazingly well. I like it because there is no custom code required on the Hubitat hub.

Just a couple other ideas for you to try. :thinking:

Have you performed the HomeKit architecture upgrade on your iPhone? I have chosen to leave mine at the old version of HomeKit for now. Not sure if performing the upgrade might have anything to do with the "No Response" messages you're seeing.

1 Like

Yes, I'm actually using that for all the other devices I want to use in HomeKit. Those work perfectly. It is my understanding that locks and garage door openers are not compatible with the built-in integration.

Yes.

Ahh, very good point! I forgot about that restriction, imposed by Apple on boundary devices.

How/where are you running Homebridge? You may want to try different mDNS Advertisers (on the Homebridge settings screen).

1 Like

Portainer (Docker) on a virtual Linux server.

I'll give that a try.

First what are you using as Apple Hub for homekit?

And try this to see if it resolve your issue if devices are working in homebridge and Apple Homekit is set up with the homebridge provided ID is to log out of your iCloud account on Apple Hub and log back in again.

Makre sure your iPhone and Apple Hub iOS are all up to date

The Oznu image? Make sure all your components are up to date. There are newer Homebridge updates that are not part of the latest container image.