[RELEASE] Device Check Plus - Check selected devices, then warn you what's not in the right state

*** BPTWorld apps are no longer being developed or maintained. Thanks ***

Introducing 'Device Check Plus'
Check selected devices, then warn you what's not in the right state.

Features:

• Select whether switches/sensors/locks should be on/off/open/closed/locked/unlocked and then choose how to trigger the 'Check'
  • Trigger by 'On demand', 'Set Schedule', 'Mode Changes' or by Thermostat changes
  • MORE Triggers - Humidity, Temp and Power values!
  • Thermostat changes handles BOTH thermostatMode and thermostatOperatingState
  • Optional: Have DCP try and 'fix' the devices in the wrong state for you!
  • Get notified by 'turning a device on/off or Flash', voice and/or push notifications
  • All speech requires 'Follow Me'
  • Perfect for goodnight or goodbye routines, checking sensors when the heat is on, etc...
  • Create as many child apps as needed

Examples of Usage:

• Getting ready to go to bed
    ** hit the 'On demand' switch (or use Google to turn it on)
    ** Check will run and announce any problems!
    ** Go to bed knowing everything is secure!
  • Heat is on
    ** Someone opens a window or door
    ** Check will run and announce what window is open!
  • Cool is on
    ** Someone closes a door
    ** Check will run and announce that the door should be open when cool is on!
  • Door/Window open too long...
    ** Know when someone left the refrigerator/freezer door open too long!
    ** Get an announcement and/or a push message and FLASH the lights
  • Other usage...
    ** Going out? Make sure all your windows are closed
    ** Is it raining, check the windows
    ** Freezer door has been open too long. Announce it!
    ** Think you forgot to do something? This will let you know!

The only limit is your imagination!

Apps can be found on my GitHub or by using Bundle Manager.

When reporting problems...

• Be sure you are on the latest version. I won't troubleshoot an older version.
  • Turn on debug and screenshot the issue happening in the log. One line or just the error doesn't cut it. I need a log.
  • Post the screenshot of the log with an explanation of the problem.

Thanks

9 Likes

I installed the app and after I create a child app, it says "required fields missing or not passing validation" when I went to select devices.

Please show me a log of this happening

edit: actually I know why. Just fill the first page in before going to the devices for now

Get that in a minute. Both of the pre and post message boxes under Notification Options and both of the volume settings for Volume for Speech and Restore Volume settings are all showing red.

I'm only looking to use a push notification to my phone...not wanting to use the speech part. I could probably do this in RM but thought I'd try the app out.

Actually don't think this app is quite what I was expecting so likely not for me in this case.

New version on gitHub...

Child:
1.0.1 - 10/13/19 - Cosmetic changes

Does this allow for a delay from mode change?

I have a rule that shuts off all of my lights, closes the garage door, locks the door, changes the mode, and arms the HSM. The challenge is that the mode change and HSM are immediate but the lights and locks might take up to 5 minutes to all shut off as it seems to shut one off wait 20 seconds then shut off another. So it would be great if this could send me a message that there are lights on or locks unlocked but only 5 minutes after the mode changed.

Thanks.

From your rule, simply wait 5 minutes and then run this using the 'on demand switch' feature. :grin:

1 Like

Sounds great, thanks.

New version on GitHub...

Child:
V1.0.4 - 12/07/19 - Fixed some minor bugs

Very useful app. Thanks!

A modest suggestion for additional functionality .. Check to make sure a power monitored device is drawing less than or greater than a certain threshold of power in watts.

Example use case: A radon fan that is supposed to be running 24x7. If the fan fails or if it somehow becomes unplugged from the power monitor, this would alert that something that should be consuming > 100 watts is not.

1 Like

I added it to the list. :wink:

New version on GitHub...

Child:
V1.0.5 - 01/26/20 - Added Power, Humidity and Temp triggers. Added more device actions based on trigger.

1 Like

Another quick update...

Child:
V1.0.6 - 01/27/20 - Found typo, added flash lights to actions

Hey Bryan, should I be getting an “all okay” kind of message when warranted? I definitely get notified when something is amiss (which is perfect!), but it seems like I get silence when everything is as it should be. Is that how you intended? When running a safety check at bedtime, for example, I’d love to get some kind of “all clear” feedback.

Suppose I could use RM to notify me based on the state of the switch that is set by your your app when there are devices to report. Just seemed like a couple extra steps?

Nope, but I'll add it to the list. Great idea.

Thanks

2 Likes

New version on GitHub... Be sure to install the new Driver!

Child:
V1.0.7 - 03/31/20 - Add ability for DCP to try and fix devices in the wrong state. Now automaticaly creates device for On Demand Option.

Driver:
V1.0.0 - 03/31/20 - Initial release

Almost forgot, @mluck! New version on GitHub... :grin:

Child:
V1.0.8 - 04/01/20 - Added a 'No devices found' message

1 Like

Driver loads fine.
Parent and child apps fail on save.