Contact summary on dashboard

I've looked around in the dashboard settings and on this forum but haven't seen a way to do this...

How can I see a summary of contact sensors opening and closing without needing to go into the history of each one? This is particularly useful when trying to figure out why the HSM alarm is going off but in general nice to have to see what activity is happening while away. I envision a tile or button that brings up a box that either can just show a list with the date/time, contact sensor name, and status change value (opened or closed).

Can't.

You could use Tile Master

Device Check Plus might also be of interest to you. Lets you see only the devices that are in the wrong state.

About all you could do with the standard dashboard that may help is to create tiles with the attribute of Last Updated of your contact sensors

:grin: very concise answer there Jason. Nice. Feeling a bit black and white today? :love_you_gesture: Welcome to Warmart. Get your $h14 and get out. Kind of day? :laughing:

2 Likes

I use Tile master for a lot of summaries:

last time my humidity sensors were triggered (and actual status),
last time presence sensors were triggered,
last time doors were used.

each summary displayed in 1 tile only

Probably too blunt. :slight_smile:

But, I still stand behind that answer. As far as I know you can't make a tile that shows the list of the last couple of event history on a device - which is how I read the question. I didn't think he was asking to see the current status, but rather the history.

If there is way to do that in tile master, then maybe I'm wrong?

3 Likes

I know. It just gave me a good laugh was all. :wink: We need those from time to time.

3 Likes