[RELEASE] Aqara FP1 Human Presence Sensor (RTCZCGQ11LM)

This is quite some thread guys. I'm thinking of buying a FP1, is it safe to say that there are no issues with a C7 and the sensor works and pairs as expected with @kkossev driver?

Yes, no issues at all. Also with C-8.
Just make sure you pair it near the hub on “avoid repeaters” setting, and follow the instructions. I just ordered 2 more!

2 Likes

I have 7 FP1s in total all using the new regions code

This week managed to get 3 more for cheap
One of them just gets stuck on active, the firmware is the same as the others
endpointId: 01
application: 36
firmwareMT: 115F-209B-00000036
manufacturer: aqara
model: lumi.motion.ac01
softwareBuild: 0.0.0_0054

Does anyone have any ideas other than me buying an Aqara Hub to see if it works with the official hub okay? is there a firmware update available?

Try swapping the FP1 sensors temporarily.

The most common reasons to stuck into present/occupied state are the power supply used or RF interference from nearby electronic devices.

1 Like

@kkossev did you ever figure out the "initializing" forever thing?

I have two FP1-s, both of them were stuck in "inactive" after initial double-pairing, and after removing them I can't add them again – they both are stuck in "initializing". C-8, Channel 20, pairing close to the hub using the "avoid repeaters" method.

Sorry Bruce, there is nothing that can be done on a user-driver level to overcome these Hubitat C-8 Zigbee connectivity issues.

I all can do is to start counting the number of the reports to the multiple times reported issue.

As another data point regarding a C8 [Pro] and Aqara FP1 sensors, I have two, both of which worked fine with my C7. However, with my C8 Pro, one is working after I successfully removed and double paired it, while the other will not pair despite a myriad of attempts and approaches (stuck on initialization).

I have no idea what the difference is between the two ostensibly identical sensors.

I got a couple of new FP1s and tried one of them – same thing: it pairs, and after the second pairing, it is stuck in "active" and "offline" forever.

I am very hesitant to remove it, as I think I know what's going to happen :sob:

I think by now, it's fair to say the existing FP1s are sunk cost, and we should just move on to Limptech.

Are you on a C8? I finally gave up on Zigbee on the C8 and set up a mesh with my C7 to handle Zigbee. The FP1s paired fine on the C7.

Having said that, I'm a big fan of the Linptech presence sensors--overall a much smoother experience than the Aqara ones.

Yup, on C8.

I do have a C7 laying around. I might very well try it! Thanks for the pointer!

mine stopped working and i cannot get the blue light to come on even when holding 5 secs.. is it fubared.

any recommended mm motion that work withp the c8 and have usb power

2 Likes

Believe it or not i did eventually did get it to re-pair with the c8 pro . Had to delete the device. Reboot the hub and pair without 3.0 extenders. Also had to pair right next to hub. Seems to be working. Weird i couldnt get the blue pairing light to flash the first time. Had to hold the button like 2 minutes.

1 Like

Lucky you :smile:

I think i caused it somehow to go silent . Its on top.of an ups that i was mucking with the tplink wifi bridge to give me connectivity to the ups and the last event was when i was doing that but i never unplugged it not sure what hapoenned.

Do you mean that you simply selected the option "try to pair avoiding Zigbee 3.0 routers", or did you physically power off the nearby 3.0 mains-powered devices?

Just the.option

1 Like

bug in driver?

ya giving up on this.. seems to work for awhile. reports everythign, then just. reports temp andtnever reports motion..

1 Like