[RELEASE] Aqara FP1 Human Presence Sensor (RTCZCGQ11LM)

that's to bad.
abit of a long shot but but were you using the stock power adaptor that came with the FP1 correct?
If so you could also have tried a different power adaptor.
I am running 10 FP1's so far all are working fine. (some I had to move them to better locations).

But on some other zigbee devices that I converted from battery to usb they were very sensitive to voltage amount. Most battery devices are around 3 volts but usb is 5 volts. If I adjusted the voltage or even just changed adaptor then they wouuld work fine.
Yes the FP1's are already usb but possibliy the plug adaptor is causing issues.

I tried 2 other adapters

and the fact that it would work for awhile sensing motion fine.. then suddenly only report temp.. leads me to believe it wasnt the adapter..

i saved my magnetic mount at least from the fp1. and retro fitted it to the new sensor..

1 Like

unfort. new sensor going back to amazon as well.. it reports a bogus lux report of 1 lux. (nothing higher) every 5 secs... it was supposed to be a NON chatty sensor,, but not for me..

There are fewer-chatty mmWave sensors; I am not aware of any non-chatty ones...

BTW, this Tuya sensor works very well via Tuya Matter Bridge. No illuminance reports, just motion active/inactive. All complex configurations are done in Tuya Smart Life app. The spammy messages also stay inside the Tuya Zigbee network.

well the fp1 when it was working only reported motion when there was .. no other bogus reports..

but they seem unreliable from what i am reading with c8s

also i dont want another device (ie matter bridge) in my configuration unfortunately... trying the liptec next .. if too chatty will send that back too.. so you have nothing to recommend in mmwave devices direct to hubitat that dont overly report.

Yes, Aqara FP1 is not chatty, I meant the Tuya mmWave radars. My FP1s (I have 2 of them in operation) are paired to my main C-8 hub together with nearly 80 other Zigbee devices and are working stable (for now).

My Tuya mmWave sensors are paired to the old C-7 hub - I am also cautious not to overload the main hub...

Linptech also sends illuminance reports relatively frequently, but I don't think that this is a problem that may affect the Zigbee network.

1 Like

i may put up with a few it depends how often. and if they are even correct as mentioned the above didnt even work.. only reported 1 lux even when my phone was direct in its face with flashlight on.

i personally think every 5 secs is too frequent.. and there was supposed to be a lux sensitivity setting but looking at the driver it appears that was just (you?) filtering out the reports .. ie there is no way to set the sensitivity directly into a parameter on the device? it would be easy enough to do in the device f/w ... not sure why they dont do it.

I am hopeing for not more often reports than every 15-30 secs anyway.. or i may have to try a new fp1 (if i can find one reasoneably priced) or one of the 4-1 pir motion that are not overly chatty. unfort. those are not avail. on amazon and i already have a dispute open with alli (through paypal) for one that was never shipped..

But my feeling is that fp1 was reliable when ported over to the c8 but not when paired directly.

when mine stopped working and i had to re-pair it is when it became unreliable.. really weird to report correctly for a few days than stop reporting motion and just temp.. If it was not paired correctly motion should have never worked .. again really strange. Only thing i can think of to explain this is that it only worked correctly depending on which repeater it was going through.