Once upon a time a change was implemented that broke my schlage zwave functionality. Sounds like what you guys describe. At the time chuck tracked it down to a reduced time-out setting. I was the only user reporting the issue.
Speaking of chuck. What happened to that guy?
There is the thread. I don't know if it is same issue or not. Just thought I'd add it in case it was useful.
A quick idea to try for your lock after you update to latest release. Although we were unable to replicate, some users had success restoring functionality of the lock by changing its type to "Generic Z-Wave Lock", then hitting update and then switching back to the Schlage driver (clicking update and following up by clicking "Configure").
So I was on 18.104.22.168, and my Schlage lock worked perfectly. Upgraded to 22.214.171.124 and could not lock/unlock from the Device page or a Dashboard tile. Rebooted the Hub - with same result. Rolled back to .116 and it worked 100%. Upgraded to 129 again, with the same problem - lock is now non-functional.
Bottom line - one of the upgrades/hotfixes between 1.116 and 2.129 broke my lock functionality. Please resolve.
No I don't buy that. Nothing changed in the Mesh and/or lock firmware from 1.116 to 2.129. I can replicate the issue at will by rolling back/upgrading between the two releases. This is a classic example of HE upgrades breaking something else, and is the reason why I do not upgrade the moment a new release is put out, since it will invariably be followed by x number of hotfixes . . .
I'm in the process of moving from SmartThings to Hubitat and I have 2 of the Schlage BE469's. I am on 126.96.36.199 and while I did have some issues with lock code manager that was my error (with a bad error message that made it take awhile for me to figure out) I have moved 1 of the two locks off of ST successfully. I'm migrating devices out from the center of the house so that last lock will be a bit before I get to the last one.
You might try resetting the lock totally and pair it back again dunno if that would make it worse or not.
I don't buy this either. The lock has been working fine for an extended length of time through multiple upgrades - until the most recent - so I fail to see why I should try an resolve something that HE broke. As I mentioned above I can replicate this issue at will by switching between the releases, and it is clear that an upgrade broke it. Yes, Schlage locks have been known to be problematic, but - as I mentioned - mine has been working fine for a long time. So Hubitat needs to provide a hotfix and/or correct whatever it is they broke . . . .
@flotsam1 I have a schlage BE469 on .129 and it works fine. The symptoms mimic that of a weak mesh. If it was working PRIOR to the update, all you have to do is swap the driver to a generic driver/save/configure then swap back to the built in driver/save/configure. I rebooted my lock and gave it a spin a few times manually after doing so and it started communicating. It's a tiny bug that's not on the list just yet because there are much bigger issues.
I worked directly with HE staff, and can confirm this works, but my lock was rock solid PRIOR to the updates. I have 3 Z-Wave locks, 3 repeaters, lots of mains devices and my mesh is stable and solid.