Schlage BE468/BE469 Lock issue

I recently started having an issue with one of my locks. When I send a command via Hubitat to lock or unlock, nothing happens. However, when I manually lock or unlock, the status is updated promptly in Hubitat, so ZWave communication is working at least in one direction. A couple weeks ago, the lock worked perfectly. Any ideas?

This happened to me with the past two firmware updates for Hubitat after a year of smooth operations.

Here’s what fixed it for me:

1. on my phone go to the logs for Hubitat so those are open
  2. on the lock, disconnect the battery for 30 seconds, reconnect the battery, and then lock/unlock the lock manually with the thumb turn.
  3. verify that the lock shows the activity in the logs
  4. with the logs still open, open a new tab and go to the device page for the lock
  5. change the driver to the Generic Z-Wave Lock driver
  6. save the device. Then hit ‘configure’. In your logs you should see the lock going through the process of fetching 30 codes (even if you don’t have 30 codes) Sometimes it takes 1-2 minutes before the hub will start to fetch the codes from the lock. Be patient here.
  7. once the 30 codes are fetched, change the driver back to the Schlage Lock driver. Save the device. And again hit configure while watching your logs to ensure the lock is transmitting all of the codes properly.

If you were able to get through all the steps above, you should be good to go.

If any of the steps fail, start back at step 1. Sometimes I had to do this 3-4 times. Other times only once was enough.

Both of the past firmware updates have caused me to have to do this dance, and then things work properly again.

The Schlage locks aren’t officially supported anymore so I’m not anticipating any more effort on these issues from @bobbyD or @mike.maxwell but I do know that they still want to keep us happy. The issue with the locks are entirely on Schlage’s end as far as I, and others, can tell.

EDIT: I have 2 HE C5 hubs on 2.2.3.142. I have 3 Aeotec v6 extenders and 2 locks on one C5 and 2 Aeotec v6 extenders and 1 lock on the other C5. This happens on both my hubs after updating recently. On my hub with the 1 lock there are only 5 total devices attached to it. The lock, the 2 extenders, and 2 GoControl z-wave lights. I isolated the lock with those devices and hub in my garage last year to make that lock work properly.

3 Likes

Which hub do you have. Which platform version?

What other zwave devices in your mesh?

I've had similar experience to above poster.

I have a C-5 hub which is now on 2.2.3.142. I updated to 2.2.3.132 right around the time that the problem started.

2 Likes

This is when it started for me: Release 2.2.2.129 broke Schlage locks? - #10 by craigspree

1 Like

FWIW, 2.2.3.144 is out today...though likely if your issue is on 2.2.3.142 then likely going to .144 won't affect things, the change list is specific to issues w/hanging Z-Wave inclusions.

Timing is similar for me as well. There have been several of us posting with similar symptoms the last week or so.

Today though looking deeper as I was having other zwave issues none of my zwave devices had anything reported in the zwave details. They were just blank. Running a repair seems to have things working.

Tracking shows my c7 hub arriving today. I am hoping with all the love its getting my problems will fade away with it.

Thanks. This worked.

1 Like

Hi there.

I have the same issue and tried your fix, however my lock hangs at code 24. Any other ideas? Thank you!

[dev:303] 2020-12-09 13:15:04.671 [debug] fetchLockCode- 24

[dev:303] 2020-12-09 13:15:04.667 [trace] trying to fetch code:24

If that were happening to me, I would:

1. Put brand new AA batteries in the lock
  2. Do a full factory reset of the lock per the Schlage manual
  3. Unpair the lock from my Hubitat (Z-Wave Exclude) and verify that it was fully excluded
  4. Do another full factory reset of the lock after unpairing it
  5. Pair the lock with the Hubitat
  6. Repeat the steps you tried from my post up above back in September to see if all 30 codes make it through to your Hubitat
1 Like

Did have this issue tonight i only replace the battery
and now everything is fine

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.