Generic Z-wave lock

Hi all,
I am curious if anyone else is having trouble generic z wave lock driver? I have a schlage connect z wave lock that over the last few days was intermittently not responding. It went to complete unresponsive. I fiddled around with it. Tried some ported drivers. And still had no control.

I removed it and after many painful add / exclude attempts, got it added back and it responded for about five minutes. Now it is unresponsive again.

@mike.maxwell - Have any changes been made to the driver that may be causing my issues?

It is really starting to drive me bonky. Before I contacted support I figured I would ask here. My next step is to throw the lock out. It seems to have given me nothing but troubles....

1 Like

I'm having the same issue. I have 2 of these locks and both are doing the same thing. Its about to make me crazy and the wife is looking at me like I am crazy.

2 Likes

No driver changes.

Thanks for that confirmation :slight_smile:

Since my post control has come and gone a couple of times. Once with a reboot. I guess it is time to contact support.

So I have a ticket in with support. Bobby is in touch maybe we can get to the bottom of it.

One thing I found odd and just wanted to ask about is the fact that when I reboot the hub the lock responds for a short period then quits again. When I came home the RM rule I setup again did not unlock the door. However I saw in the logs that the device reported me unlocking it with a code. Then it immediately failed to respond to a refresh triggered by the contact opening.

I am wondering if there could be something wrong with my zwave stick?

Here are some logs. I appreciate any and all input.

I have the schlage zwave, I migrated it to HE this afternoon and I tested it now and still working fine, I will keep an eye on it.

mine has also been a mess. since the update to 1.1.2 i've completely lost control of all my locks. they update in the event log when I manually lock and unlock, but none of my automations work and I cannot control them through hubitat.

I'm having the same issues with my kwickset lock.

Well I decided to roll back the firmware to 1.1.1.119 - The lock has been working properly for the last few hours. I am currently optimistic.

1 Like

Everything still working well on 1.1.1.119?

Everything was working great until this morning before work. I did my best to quit messing with things until support responded after sending the information they requested, I however am impatient. I decided to update again to try and assess if what I observed was fluke.

Hub is currently at 1.1.2.121.

The lock is now misbehaving again as before. So something strange is going on here, and I no longer believe the lock is malfunctioning.

Hopefully support gets back to me soon.

Edit: reverted the firmware again. Lock is performing perfectly again.

@mike.maxwell any ideas where the issue might be?

1 Like

Not really, but i have a 910 sitting on my desk, I throw some commands at in the morning.

Hi all. Just figured I'd update here. I am not sure if this means they have reproduced my issue or not. Is anyone else seeing these issues?

Hi there,

Sorry for the delays. This issue is actively being researched by our engineers. Once we identify the root cause I will follow up with you to provide more details and possible resolution times.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience that this may have caused and we are doing everything we can to resolve your issue quickly.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to respond to this email.

Thanks again for your feedback,

Bobby

@mike.maxwell

Were you able to find any issues?

The one on my desk locks and unlocks, so no I haven't anything specific to this driver at this point.

After working great for several days my Schlage z wave lock started messing up again. Maybe I’ll downgrade software to see if they helps.

Mm darn I was hoping you have the magic answer. I am starting to worry I will never be able to update the firmware again.

Hopefully the engineers have some better luck I guess.

I been fighting with my hub, I have very slow performance with some lights and rule machine, after doing a z wave mesh repair I noticed that HE consider my Schlage lock as a node. I believe this is incorrect because a node is a no battery powered device and it re transmits the signal, the lock is battery powered. Can any one here check this?
I'm on version 119

I can see when the mesh repair skips battery powered not considered nodes.

I have a Kwikset 910 deadbold and I've had some inconsistency with it after upgrading to 121. My rule is below:

The switch triggers when I leave and close the front door. There are times when the I the lock fire immediately, and then there are times when I get the pushover notification and then the lock fires. Then there are times when the lock just doesn't lock. Everything else seems to fire correctly. Note that the Zen Thermostat is a Zigbee device.

When I get home, the reverse sequence occurs. Yesterday, the AC and the HSM worked find, but the door didn't unlock.

As I was going through my log files for a support ticket on another possible issue, I discovered what appears to be a delay in firing that wasn't there prior to 121. In the above rule, when the switch would turn on, it would be about 3-4 seconds before the front door locked. Now, as I am looking at the log files, it seems to take anywhere between 10 and 12 seconds before the lock changes. To me standing on the front porch, this seems an eternity and I now think I was mistaken in saying the lock doesn't lock/unlock. I think I am not waiting long enough to see if it really does. I will continue to test, but I'm not sure where the issue could be: RM 2.5 or Firmware 121.

I found the delay problem in my lock, I'm in version 119.

In my previous post in this thread I said I had delays in rule machine and the problem with the z wave repair, well it's related, removing the lock from the hub fixed all the delay problems I had.

Here more info but specific to my particular problem but removing the lock was the solution:

I believe the driver it's the problem. Something is not working here properly. I hope this is resolved soon.