[Re-release] Hubitat Ring Integration (Unofficial)

Does that only affect things like using IFTTT for doorbells--or does that impact the entire integration?

I was thinking that it worked via the IFTTT mechanisms but only actually used IFTTT for some of the doorbell actions... But, I'm not positive.

Feb 3rd you meant?

You can avoid this by hooking up Alexa instead of IFTT. See this post: [Re-release] Hubitat Ring Integration (Unofficial) - #444 by SoundersDude

Yes. My bad… Feb 3rd!

Thanks for the suggestion… I did try directly using an Alexa routine. However, the latency is horrible. All I want to do is simply turn on the overhead light controlled by a Z-Wave switch connected as a device in HE.

I wound up ordering a Zigbee Motion Detector, will be installing today and creating a Simple Automation.

$20 on Amazon… and I have local control, no reliance on internet.

I wanted to document 1 more option to replace IFTTT for updating your ring doorbell motion and button presses events… with Scrypted.

Create 2 automations, 1 for Motion and 1 for Doorbell press:

For the Motion automation set the trigger to the motion sensor or your doorbell and trigger condition to eventData === true

Set the Action to -> Run Shell Script and paste the following Script with you own ring id, hubitat ip address, application id, and access token

curl -s --header "Content-Type: application/json"
--request POST
--data '{"kind":"motion","motion":true,"id":"%RING ID%"}'
'http://%hubitat ip address%/apps/api/%Unofficial Ring Connect hubitat application id%/ifttt?access_token=%Unofficial Ring Connect access token%'

Example:

--request POST
--data '{"kind":"motion","motion":true,"id":"RING||11111111"}'
'http://192.168.0.2/apps/api/25/ifttt?access_token=11111111-1111-1111-1111-111111111111'

Rinse and repeat for the Doorbell Press:

--request POST
--data '{"kind":"ding","motion":false,"id":"%RING ID%"}'
'http://%hubitat ip address%/apps/api/%Unofficial Ring Connect hubitat application id%/ifttt?access_token=%Unofficial Ring Connect access token%'

And Tada! Scrypted will update your ring doorbell motion and button presses events just like IFTTT use to. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Thank you SO much for sharing this. I've been searching for IFTTT alternatives for weeks. The Scrypted setup works surprisingly well. Plus, it keeps more of the automation running on local hardware, which is great. Again, many many thanks.

1 Like

With the unofficial ring integration has anyone been able to have their ring alarm mode set to Home or disarm?

I have a Webcore piston that get triggered when I leave my house and it will set my ring alarm to armed. But the same position when it detects that I arrived home it executes the command to set mode to disarm but it never happens.

Nice and local, thanks!

1 Like

I don't use Webcore but Lutron pico and RM working fine setting Ring modes.

Screenshot? I have this as well in RM like this:

How are you setting disarm? Are you using the case sensitivity with "Disarmed" ?

Update, this is happening to me now as well. I can set the mode to Home, but can’t to disarm anymore. Huh… need to check

1 Like

I just gave it a try, and it is working here… Not sure what might be different…?

I have version 0.5.7 of the integration.

I found the issue on my side, and you are correct this does still work.

@Navat604 -Would suggest you navigate to the "Ring Virtual Alarm Hub" device and manually try the command for switching between modes to see if it works for you. I did that which helped me understand what changed in my Rules.

Looks like an update broke my legacy rule machine where the "NOT" changed location.

As you can see here, both of these should be true as both are asking to confirm that the current ring hub mode state is not "off":

But the first original isn't working anymore, apparently a != no longer works, but a NOT before the condition does. Somewhere the syntax changed. So I updated my rule. Not sure why legacy RM broke, but I at least fixed it now.

3 Likes

Hey guys, my Ring integration stopped working last night - no notifications are coming from any of the ring devices but the app is logged in and I can see all devices in Hubitat. anyone face similar issue? anything changed maybe on the Ring side which cause it to no longer work?
Any insight would be very helpful.
I did try the repair via HPM and also logged in again to the account in the app etc. and see all devices in Hubitat - just no notifications are coming any longer into hubitat..

Edit: things are working fine for me still.

Safe to assume you use IFTTT?
I got this email yesterday, and when I login I see:

There are a few alternatives you can use;

1. Use Alexa and Momentary Device
  2. Use Scrypted if you have a server or pi laying around.
  3. Pay for IFTTT Pro

I've mostly transitioned to #1 just need to move 2 more things over.

No, I'm not using IFTTT for the integration.
I was using up until now the "Configure Polling for Motion and Ring Alerts"

I am also not using IFTTT and it's still working. I use the default polling.
I also have Ring MQTTT for Home assistant and it's also still working.

1 Like

I just noticed that the ring stickup cam mini v2 isn't supported... is there a reason why?

I added it to the code and and it seems to work on my end just fine.

It might not be listed yet, can you turn on logging to see what "kind" is reported?
Then we could add it like here: [Re-release] Hubitat Ring Integration (Unofficial) - #608 by SoundersDude