[Re-release] Hubitat Ring Integration (Unofficial)

So. If I jot down all the DNIs from my current HE hub, using the old Ring App--then install the new app.

If things are screwed up, can I manually stuff those back into the virtual Ring devices so my zillion rules keep working?

My biggest fear of upgrading is that I'll get "*** Broken Rule ***" after I upgrade on dozens of very complex rules.

Good question... but I don’t think so. I think the issue is different then you upgrade. When I went through it, initially nothing worked. The DNIs hadn’t changed (As far as I know...). I just had to re-activate the devices somehow and I did that by doing a bunch of refresh, etc. A reboot of the hub may have done the same, no idea...

I would recommend you just backup the hub. If it doesn’t work and nothing you do makes it work, just restore it.

2 Likes

Anyone try getting the Mailbox Sensor to work yet on the latest integration? I only see this on logs below even with all logging options enabled:

I have both motion sensor drivers, does appear to be trying to use the motion-sensor.beams that is already on the Ring API Virtual Device driver

But not really sure since logs aren't showing any other messages I would expect if the device is a different type that isn't already supported.

Edit:
I got it working, I noticed something was wrong with the API Device since it was trying to create the bridge device over and over again so I just deleted the integration and recreated it and it added just fine as a motion sensor:

There seems to be an issue with the creation of devices post-installation. Hopefully, someone that has the skills to fix it will be bored one day and implement a fix. :grin:

What you did is a similar workaround to what I did last time. I think it would also be possible to create a new device and set the device id to “RING||“ with the appropriate driver.

Does this still need IFTTT ??

It does for HE to see the "motion" triggers from the Cameras. It is not needed for the Ring Alarm aspects.

What you can also do is using @ogiewon's awesome Momentary HTTP virtual switch exposed to Alexa that in turn turns this driver/switch on, mimicking the IFTTT webhook to eliminate IFTTT.

e.g. This is how I have it set up for one of my camera I pulled off of IFTTT

So basically Alexa is flipping this switch which in turn makes a local network call to this app mimicking what it would have gotten at cloud.hubitat.com from IFTTT, but local and without IFTT.

6 Likes

Awesome... my ring doorbell will in today so I'm just researching on it now.

Another option is to entirely skip this integration and setup a virtual momentary motion sensor switch that Alexa (or IFTTT) triggers to accomplish your needs if all you have/need is the doorbell actions to trigger HE automations.

It really depends on what you are looking for. But this integration in general is awesome and powerful if you have a pretty robust Ring eco-system, in particular Ring Alarm.

4 Likes

If I have 2 locations how is this done? Looks like I can only choose 1 location.

I just installed two new motion lights and have the same issue. Is there a workaround to get the new devices working? I tried to create a virtual device using the RING|| in front of the ZID but it didn't work (and it was also created as a parent not a child of the Ring Bridge

Only workaround I found is deleting the integration and recreating it I hate to say.

1 Like

Have you tried installing 2 instances? Not sure if it would work, but you could try... If you had a 2nd hub, you could install one location each.

Out of curiosity, when you have 2 locations, do you need to pay the one subscription per account or per location?

Receiving this error with the latest package manager update. Anyone else receiving this?

infoFatal error occurred, rolling back

app:2872021-01-10 06:17:14.633 am errorError upgrading app: groovyx.net.http.ResponseParseException: Server Error

app:2872021-01-10 06:17:14.458 am infoUpgrading Unofficial Ring Connect

app:2872021-01-10 06:17:14.455 am errorError retrieving app source: groovyx.net.http.ResponseParseException: Server Error

I haven’t been seeing those errors.

Can't...

singleInstance: true,

Would be nice to do it and I could make that code adjustment just for me but would rather have the current maintainer add that support and able to rename the app.

In my case I am accessing a shared camera at my mothers house. But to answer that question Yes you do need to pay for both.

1 Like

You could always do a pull request for @ardichoke to consider.

No, you don't. I have three ring devices at another physical location on the same account as the devices at my home. You just have to put all the devices in the same location in the Ring app, but I don't see any downside to that. I don't have to switch accounts, or whatever you'd have to do if you had multiple Ring locations.

2 Likes

I am going to try this out soon. Just installed 4 new contact sensors and they won't show up in HE.
I will install a new Ring instance to another HE hub and jog down the DNIs. Thanks for pulling your hair out for us :+1:

2 Likes

If you launch the Ring Integration (Unofficial) app and tell it to search for devices it should show the new devices.

If you've added new security devices (which are controlled through the Ring Alarm hub) then you need to open the Alarm Hub device in the Hubitat device list then press the button to discover new devices. I'm not at home now so I can't look at the screen to know what the button is actually labeled. But I just added a couple of new smart lighting lights this weekend and they showed up after doing this step.

2 Likes

Thank you! That did it. In alarm hub. Click on create devices. Worked for me.

1 Like