Porting SAGE Doorbell Sensor Driver help needed

I have just finished migrating my entire house to Hubitat from SmartThings. And now I need help with a driver for my favorite device which I got help with while on ST. It worked there but Hubitat errors out on line 102. I uploaded it to my github and need help modding it.

Can someone take a look? It is a Zigbee device and Hubitat enrolls it as a generic Device.

1 Like

Take a look and see if that fixes it with my pull.
It lets me save it but your have to test the product.

You would also have to change the button presses. The button capability doesn't exit in Hubitat. You'd have to use pushable button capability. For that, the event name is "pushed" and the value is the button number. Using the event name "button" won't work.


The button capability has been deprecated. I can't take a look at it at the moment but if nobody else gets to it soon I can look at it later tonight.

Thought that looked different. I'm on phone so only made the easy changes.

I take no credit for knowing this....just for regurgitating what I have picked up from all the smart folks on here. :smiley: If I hadn't screwed it up on a driver too I wouldn't have known it either.

1 Like

Me neither :rofl: I have been playing around with a button controller which is why it looked different but if you hadn't said anything I wouldn't have known. I'll take a look tomorrow and see if I can covert the rest unless someone with some proper intelligence gets there first :crazy_face:

Hi @BorrisTheCat,

Now I get a different error when I try to save the device driver.

Metadata Error: Capability 'Button' not found.

Hi @Ryan780,

I am good at tinkering with the hardware devices and not to good at coding. Do you mind telling me where I need to make the code changes in the Github code?

Here is the guide to Hubitat’s Button implementation

Sent you a pull request on github.

1 Like

Thank you for the help. I will test it tonight when I get back on my hub.

Yeah I hadn't finished the changes at the time it was late so ran out of time. Looks like @Ryan780 has done it now?

Thank you @BorrisTheCat & @Ryan780 for your help. I will try this DH in a few hours. Still at my desk.
My RDP to my home is acting up and keeps disconnecting.

Hi @Ryan780, @BorrisTheCat,

The DH was accepted by Hubitat. Will test in the morning.


Update, @Ryan780, @BorrisTheCat.

The DH is working. I am able to setup the RuleMachine to push notifications for my Front Doorbell and my Deck Doorbell. Thank you both for your help. I will keep the DH on the Github for anyone else who needs a copy.


Great to hear!! Glad I could help.


I did some work on the driver from the OP. Someone else, that I can't seem to find to give proper credit, converted it to HE. I just added parameters to save custom names for each contact for logging purposes.

1 Like

Thanks @HAL9000 , I moved it to a properly named directory. You can remove yours.

Thank you for updating the DH code. I updated the original GitHub link.

I'd like to thank @lmosenk and all the devs here: the driver contained in the latest HE firmware didn't work for me, this one does, and it's also more configurable.

I spent 3 days trying to make the sensor work, but the problem was not the cabling or the sensor, it was the driver. As soon as I changed to this one, it worked immediately and flawlessly. Finally my Aeotec Siren 6 is doing its job. I completely replaced my old traditional doorbell and its old chime, with a new videodoorbell and the Aeotec Siren 6. HE is doing its magic. :slight_smile:

I'll tag @mike.maxwell to let him know about this, maybe he can take a look at the official driver and this one.

Thank you so much!

1 Like

the device and driver worked as intended when I built and tested it, so without a lot more info as to what didn't work, there's not much for me to go on here...

Download the Hubitat app