Doorbell sensors $1

What type of batteries do these devices use?

Nice find! I bought 2 to throw in my bag-o-tricks. Emitting a signal from a 10-24v source might come in handy.

I am always finding things still in the box and no idea even when I got them or why. Liquidators count on that I guess.

1 Like

CR2 3V and a lithium CR2 comes with it.

1 Like

Is there a driver for Hubitat to allow these sensors to work? I'm Interested to get one

It was never tagged as released, but the thread ends with it working.

Yes, see the link trunzoc posted. It is working for me.

1 Like

Hal is it the one on github made for ST? SAGE-Doorbell-Sensor-ST/SAGE_Doorbell_Sensor_ST.txt at master ยท lmosenk/SAGE-Doorbell-Sensor-ST ยท GitHub
I'm not even close to being a programmer lolo. Is there any tweaks needed for Hubitat? Sorry for my ignorance

No problem, tony3286. All you need to do is go into Drivers Code, add New Driver, then smash that Import button. Specify the URL below, and then Save.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lmosenk/SAGE-Doorbell-Sensor-ST/master/SAGE_Doorbell_Sensor_ST.txt

1 Like

Hal thank you so much. I'm just a recently retired guy trying to keep my mind active. Working with this community I've learned so much most importantly is this group is full of great guys with TONS of patience which i appreciate greatly. Many thanks.

4 Likes

Gals too.

5 Likes

Slip of the tongue lolo Gals too !

Do these things require a connection to 24V to detect a "button pushed"? Has anyone tried any other way to trigger the Zigbee radio? These could be very useful if there were ways to use them in other ways.

These devices are for the very specific use case of a transformer driven doorbell chime. That is, it is looking for 10-24 VAC on the inputs. It isn't likely that there is any other 10-24 VAC devices in your house other than the doorbell chime. I suppose in theory you could find where on the circuit board, this is reduced to binary logic to trigger the radio to send a button press, but other solutions (such as a contact sensor) are not that much more than $5, and are much, much smaller.

2 Likes

Thanks.

Thermostats and whole house humidifiers do use 24 VAC but not important here.

1 Like

Solenoid valves on water-to-air heat pumps use 12 VAC,

Anyone else have an issue with theirs? It pairs fine, but it only registers the first press. Been ringing my doorbell all night with nothing else. I have repaired and same thing happened. Using the driver here https://community.hubitat.com/t/porting-sage-doorbell-sensor-driver-help-needed/20653?

I just got mine today and installed and was running into same problem. Finally I changed under "Device Preferences" the 10 seconds to 5 seconds. Also for some crazy reason it was not working under notifications so I used Rule machine and used trigger event as Doorbell sensor button 1 pushed and the Action to run was Notify Pushover. Working perfectly now.

ALSO BIG SHOUT OUT to HAL9000 who aimed me in the right direction for the driver.

Tony

2 Likes

That should mostly go to @trunzoc .. I was led to the driver by him.

2 Likes

Just a heads up.

The driver as posted on github produced duplicate events for me when button 2 (rear) was pressed.

I've already notified the original poster of the driver.

The issue is a difference is the handling of button presses, specifically line 183 (duplicates) and 193 (no duplicates).

My fixed code is below

Mike

switch(buttonNumber) {
    case 0: 
        if (!isDuplicateCall(state.lastButton2Updated, state.timeBetweenPresses) )
        {
	       log.debug ("Rear Doorbell Pressed!")               
           result = [ name: 'button', value: "pushed", data: [buttonNumber: 2], isStateChange: true]
           sendEvent (name: "pushed", value: "2", isStateChange: true) 
        }
        state.lastButton2Updated = new Date().time	
        break

case 1: 
        if (!isDuplicateCall(state.lastButton1Updated, state.timeBetweenPresses) )
        {		
	       log.debug ("Front Doorbell Pressed!")
           result = [ name: 'button', value: "pushed", data: [buttonNumber: 1], isStateChange: true]
           sendEvent (name: "pushed", value: "1", isStateChange: true) 
        }
        state.lastButton1Updated = new Date().time
}
return result
1 Like