"New" SmartThings 2018 sensors

I just paired 5 of the 2018 water sensors with the latest firmware 0x00000011. They are recognized as Zigbee Contact Sensors not Zigbee Moisture Sensors. I manually changed them to Zigbee Moisture Sensors and they seem to work fine.

@mike.maxwell Here is the fingerprint that they joined with:

Manufacturer: Samjin
Product Name: Generic Zigbee Contact Sensor
Model Number: water
deviceTypeId: 32
manufacturer:Samjin
model:water
basicAttributesInitialized:true
application:11
endpoints.01.manufacturer:Samjin
endpoints.01.idAsInt:1
endpoints.01.inClusters:0000,0001,0003,0020,0402,0500,0B05
endpoints.01.endpointId:01
endpoints.01.profileId:0104
endpoints.01.application:11
endpoints.01.outClusters:0003,0019
endpoints.01.initialized:true
endpoints.01.model:water
endpoints.01.stage:4
1 Like

perfect thanks, I've added that

I have made a mod to @jp0550's mod for this driver. This will be my interim driver till Hubitat/Samsung resolve the duplicate events that occur after these button devices have been unused for a period of time. Essentially it will ignore multiple button press events that occur with a specified timeframe. When I receive duplicates my logs show that they occur within 2 seconds of each other. I have found that 2500ms to be the sweet spot for me. Your mileage may vary and so I made this an adjustable option in the driver preferences.
Hopefully I won't need this driver for much longer.

And, yes, I know everyone does not experience this issue even with the same firmware. This driver is for those that do.

/*
 * 	12/30/18 Edited by Stephan Hackett
 *		- added option to ignore duplicate events received within adjustable timeframe (2500ms/2.5s worked for me). Tweak this preference to fit your scenario.
*/

metadata {
    definition ( name : "Smartthings Button", namespace: "stephack", author: "Robert Morris, Mitch Pond, jp0550, Stephan Hackett" ) {
    	capability "Holdable Button"
        capability "Battery"
        capability "Refresh"
        capability "Double Tapable Button"
        capability "Pushable Button"
        capability "Temperature Measurement"
        capability "Sensor"
        capability "Actuator"
        capability "Configuration"  

fingerprint inClusters: "0000,0001,0003,0020,0402,0500", outClusters: "0003,0019", manufacturer: "Samjin", model: "button"
    }
}

preferences {
	input("debounce", "number", title: "Ignore multiple events received within this timeframe (ms):")
}

def parse(description){
 	log.debug "Received message: $description"    
    def event = zigbee.getEvent(description)

if( description?.startsWith("catchall:") || description?.startsWith("read attr -") ){
        def descMap = zigbee.parseDescriptionAsMap(description)
        log.debug "Desc map: $descMap"
        if(descMap.clusterInt == 0x0001 && descMap.attrInt == 0x0020){ //battery
            event = getBatteryResult(zigbee.convertHexToInt(descMap.value))
        }
    }
    else if( description?.startsWith("zone status") ){
        event = parseIasButtonMessage(description)
    }

log.debug "Parsed event $event"
    def result = event ? createEvent(event) : []

if (description?.startsWith('enroll request')) {
		List cmds = zigbee.enrollResponse()
		log.debug "enroll response: ${cmds}"
		result = cmds?.collect { new hubitat.device.HubAction(it) }
	}

result
}

def parseIasButtonMessage(description){
 	def zs = zigbee.parseZoneStatus(description)

def eventType

if(zs.isAlarm1Set()) eventType = "pushed"
    if(zs.isAlarm2Set()) eventType = "doubleTapped" 
    if(zs.isAlarm1Set() && zs.isAlarm2Set()) eventType = "held" 

if(eventType){
		def rejectTime = 0
		if(debounce) rejectTime = debounce
		def recentEvents = device.eventsSince(new Date(now() - rejectTime)).findAll{it.name == eventType}
        log.info "Duplicate event rejected" 
        if(recentEvents.size == 0){
     		return [ name: eventType, value: 1, isStateChange: true, descriptionText: "Button 1 was $eventType" ]
		}
    }
}

def getBatteryResult(rawValue){
 	log.debug "Parse battery: $rawValue"
    def volts = rawValue / 10.0
    if(volts > 3.0 || volts == 0 || rawValue == 0xFF){
     	return [:]   
    }
    else {
        def result = [ name : 'battery' ]
        def minVolts = 2.1
        def maxVolts = 3.0
        def pct = (volts - minVolts) / (maxVolts - minVolts)
        result.value = Math.min(100, (int)(pct * 100))
        def linkText = getLinkText(device)
        result.descriptionText = "$linkText battery was ${result.value}%"
        return result
    }
}

def refresh(){
    zigbee.readAttribute(zigbee.POWER_CONFIGURATION_CLUSTER, 0x20) + zigbee.readAttribute(zigbee.TEMPERATURE_MEASUREMENT_CLUSTER, 0x0) + zigbee.enrollResponse()
}

def configure(){
    log.debug "Configure"

sendEvent(name: 'numberOfButtons', value: 1)

zigbee.onOffConfig() + 
        zigbee.levelConfig() + 
        zigbee.configureReporting(zigbee.POWER_CONFIGURATION_CLUSTER, 0x20, DataType.UINT8, 30, 21600, 0x01) + 
        zigbee.temperatureConfig(30, 3600) +
        zigbee.enrollResponse() + 
        zigbee.readAttribute(zigbee.POWER_CONFIGURATION_CLUSTER, 0x20) + 
        zigbee.readAttribute(zigbee.TEMPERATURE_MEASUREMENT_CLUSTER, 0x0) + []
}
3 Likes

@mike.maxwell any update on the native driver for this button? another year is almost about to go by … :wink:

The native driver was actually released a while back. My workaround above is to correct an issue with the button itself sending multiple events when awoken from sleep.

i just added one of the buttons today and it got identified as a moisture sensor … havent seen that happen when there are native drivers. on 2.0.1.117.

Same thing happened to me. Apparently new firmware changes some things on the Samjin (most/all 2018 Samsung/ST) devices so the fingerprint-matching doesn't work. You might be able to help them. :slight_smile: See: Samsung Buttons

2 Likes

now i know why i couldnt find the driver for a smartthings button.

thank you.

Samsung's newer firmware has a different fingerprint than the older firmware, so its fingerprint catchup again...
In any event, 2.0.4 has the new fp for the button...

2 Likes

Hopefully you can find it and it just didn't automatically select it--assuming you've upgraded your firmware since September or so, it's there as "Samsung ZigBee Button."

thanks … changed it manually.

the native driver does not seem to set the numberOfButtons attribute … would be great if you can add that also please.

thank you.

Did you press "Configure" after you switched drivers? (The common ZigBee, if not Hubitat, theme. :slight_smile: ) Mine set the attribute and I didn't do anything special, so I assume that was it.

it sets that on install, which of course doesn't run when you manually replace a driver.
once you get a device wrapper in an app, you can send that event on the devices behalf...

Sorry if I missed this somewhere. I see a lot of talk about the new SmartThings button, but has support for the acceleration feature of the 2018 SmartThings Multipurpose sensor been added? If so, which driver is it in?

1 Like

:point_up: Wondering this myself as well.

Also, can we get a confirmation that the new motion sensor is staying connected and responding properly? Are they fast? Slow? Meh?

I have several of these, no problem with staying connected, quick response time (maybe not as quick as the beloved iris, but much faster than z-wave). I really like the mount, gives lots of flexibility (although it only attaches to wall via adhesive, no screw option).

Battery lifes seems good after several months in high-traffic areas, and as a bonus the batteries are readily available, unlike previous generation model.

1 Like

Thanks Mark. Have you done any tests with their response when ceiling mounting them? Seems like the wide detection field would work well for that.

I have two ceiling mounted, they work very well this way, the ability to adjust them minutely in any direction is a huge plus for finding the "sweet spot".

Again, not quite as sensitive as the Iris sensors but easier to mount and quicker motion reset times which I consider a plus.

I'm planning to get several more soon.

1 Like

quote="halfrican.ak, post:80, topic:3264"]
quicker motion reset times
[/quote]

Oh, nice. How fast do they reset?

15 seconds in my testing, versus 45 seconds for the iris sensors.

1 Like