Smartthings button bounce?

Is anyone else having problems with button bounce? I press the button and sometimes the device turns on then immediately off, or visa versa. I get this same behaviour across multiple devices, so it's not just 1.

When evaluating which hub to switch to from Iris, I bought both an HE and a ST. After reading about people who kept an ST around just to do FW updates, I did too. So, when I buy a new ST sensor, I connect it to that hub first, update the FW then move it to HE. So my buttons are updated.

What automations are you using with it?
Button Controller? Rules?

Simple "Button Controllers" app

Some are controlling lights directly, some are wall outlets with lamps plugged in, so it's not an end device issue. No buttons are triggering rules.

Are you on the latest firmware..2.06?

Yea I only use rules with my ST button.
I'll step back, maybe post screenshots of your Button Controller setups?

Check either live or past logs or the "Events" tab on the device. Many people have had problem with the ST Button sending duplicate events, especially on older versions of the button firmware (only update-able if paired to ST) or if the button had been dormant for a while. Checking these will tell you if that is also happening to you. This thread describes a similar issue (and other possible problems in case it's not what I'm thinking).

This other thread has a bit more on the duplicate-press issue and a custom driver that may work around this particular problem if that is what you're experiencing and a firmware update doesn't work for you.

I strongly recommend that before you take any further actions to troubleshoot that you upgrade your hub to 2.0.6 and give your mesh a couple hours to settle down. This button specifically was sensitive to the Zigbee issues that were addressed in 2.0.6.

1 Like

I have not had a chance to test the ST button after my hub update last night as I had already moved to a two button device. I was using Simple Lighting with mine so it doesn't appear on the surface to be an "app" issue if he was using the Button Controller app.

I did have additional issues this morning with motion detection that I am attributing to the the update simply because I wasn't having issues motion issues prior to the update but I am going to do as srwhite recommended and give it some time.

If not, I'll try to recreate the rule and see if that fixes it.

Just installed the update on my hub. Will let you know if there are any more issues. Thanks.

1 Like

Mine seems to be working after the last update.

2 Likes

Mine too is working correctly since 2.0.6.112

2 Likes

Same here...no double events since 2.06.
:crossed_fingers:

1 Like