Samsung Buttons

That kind of sucks. Would be a nice feature to have in HE. I have a smartthings hub. I could probably pair it up and see what happens with it and the version if it'll help you solve this?

I still have my ST hub running (one Yale door lock I can't get to pair secure with Hubitat) so I may try this also.

2 Likes

If you do pair it to ST, please document the current firmware of the button and then if it does update...please also document the new firmware version. This way we can share the details with others who might have the same problem.

@april.brandt, I'm not sure I would recommend that...after all it could be an issue with a newer fw that introduced the problem. Thanks for offering but you might end up regretting that offer :grinning:

I will do that and post any findings. It was a recent buy so if I can't get a fix, I'll take them back.

1 Like

I haven't had it all that long. Not impossible that it is on an old firmware version like you say. But how could I regret helping? I have you to fix it. :slight_smile: If there's anything I can do to help, please reach out.

I found the previous thread and there have been some updates since I read it last. Looks like there is promise that the firmware upgrade fixes this.

2 Likes

So far so good after letting SmartThings update the firmware. It's been problem free since 12/23.
My issue was it was falling to wake up after about three days of use. Reseating the battery would temporarily fix it.

1 Like

Did you have the multiple pushed events issue as well?

And do you know what versions you moved to/from?

Apparently there is a firmware update. I'll leave them on ST until they are updated and switch them back to Hubitat after. I'll post my findings afterwards. Below is what shows in ST. Same info for both of my buttons.

• Current Version: 0x0000000B
  • Target Version: 0x00000011
  • Last Updated: N/A
  • Last Checked: 2018-12-29 2:23 PM CST
2 Likes

I don't think I had multiple events.
I didn't take much note as to the version I updated to. I want to say there was a 4 that it ended in and now it ends in 11...
Sorry. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Edit: 0x00000011
Looks right.

Well, this is strange. Here's what I have after letting ST update the firmware and putting the buttons back on Hubitat. Hubitat recognized both of them as Generic Moisture Sensors instead of Samsung Buttons. Prior to the firmware update they recognized correctly. After changing the driver to the correct one for both, they do work though. However, what I have now is that one is working without issue but the other is still sending double commands as before.

I have noticed when the samsung devices change firmware, they do not maintain the previous ordering of the available clusters, this breaks our fingerprinting...
So when an updated samjin pairs as a device, please post the complete fingerprint so I can update the relevant driver.

No problem. I'll remember that for future. I hope this is what you need?

1 Like

Yup, perfect

1 Like

I spoke too soon. I guess I hadn't waited long enough because the one I reported as working just exhibited the same issue as before. So other than providing a new fingerprint for the driver, I did not help anything.

@lelynch I have posted my driver to help with this issue until a fix is found. Please see below.

1 Like

Thank you! I'll will load up your driver and see how it does. Also, now that I've had about a day with the new firmware installed on the buttons, the issue seems to be more random whereas before I could pretty much count on the issue after a certain period of time.

in case this helps:

2018-12-31 12:55:01.390 pm [debug] zigbee.parseDescriptionAsMap-read attr: [raw:DE530104020A000029F707, dni:DE53, endpoint:01, cluster:0402, size:0A, attrId:0000, encoding:29, value:07F7, clusterInt:1026, attrInt:0]

2018-12-31 12:55:01.388 pm [debug] parse: read attr - raw: DE530104020A000029F707, dni: DE53, endpoint: 01, cluster: 0402, size: 0A, attrId: 0000, encoding: 29, value: 07F7

I just noticed a “double” event on my new Samsung button. Will there be a fix for this?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.