Most Popular Switches and Dimmers elevated by Hubitat in 2021

A "Year in Review " series continues with Most Popular Switches and Dimmers that work with Hubitat Elevation. Please vote for your favorite device.

If your favorite device is not on the list, then select "Other" and drop a comment below, to share which device is your favorite.

• Lutron Caséta In-Wall Smart Dimmer (Integration)
  • Eaton (Cooper Wiring Devices) (Z-Wave)
  • Inovelli Red Series - Switches and Dimmers (Z-Wave)
  • Zooz 700 Series - Switches and Dimmers (Z-Wave)
  • GE/Jasco Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Series (Z-Wave)
  • GE/Jasco Enbrighten Series (Zigbee)
  • Other (comment below)

0 voters

*for a complete list of compatible switches and dimmers, check out the "List of Compatible Devices ". Our engineers have tested 186 different models (see Dimmer and Switch listings under "Device Type" column).

2 Likes

It's pretty much a tie between Zooz, Inovelli & GE/Jasco - use them for different purposes but use and support them all.

Also you have Inovelli as a general type and specifically mention "Zooz 700" - there are still very good use-cases for the 500 series Zooz switches as well.

2 Likes

I wouldn't underestimate the popularity of Lutron Caseta line :wink:

4 Likes

That is kind of a given at this point right? :grin:

1 Like

My "dumb switches" have performed incredibly well this year.... :slight_smile:

Mind you, I wouldn't know for sure, haven't used a dumb switch in a long time.... combination of Hue dimmers and HE has been solid (plus a couple of things in between....). Point being, if you have the $$$, you too can find a "popular switch" :slight_smile:

As much as that is tongue-in-cheek, it's probably not in keeping with the feeling behind this thread....

For me, any device that works reliable with HE is a good one. From there you can do what you want.... Philips Hue included... Oooohhh the Zigbeee.... (Insert unneccesarry military gif here... )

Lutron all the way

tank GIF

5 Likes

Oh man only one choice when I have Enbrighten/Jasco, Z-Wave, Inovelli's Z-Wave and now testing Enbrighten Zigbee. But my vote is for:

My Peanut Plugs! Still doing well after all these years extending my Zigbee where no Zigbee has gone before

Now let the battle begin.

3 Likes

I'd also add that switches made accessible through Google Home has also been reliable for me, whether they be changes in mode or virtual switches for initiating rules for my TV....

I must be the only one having good luck with the Leviton DZ6HD dimmer and DZ15S Z-Wave products. With the exception of an occasional hang when I needed to lift the dimmer bar to reset, they have been quite reliable in multiple HE locations I manage.

3 Likes

I think it’s hard to beat the Inovelli switch here. 11 buttons, smart bulb mode, and the RGB led notifier is everything you could want.

5 Likes

I have about 15 of the Leviton DZ6HD and DZ15S that are about 2-3 years old. In that time I also had a couple of each hang up where I had to reset them by the air gap switch or breaker. By hanging up I mean the relay would get stuck and you could not turn the light on or off. A couple of them started hanging up to the point that I had to replace them. I did replace them with Zooz. I have not had any other problems with the remainder of the Leviton switches/dimmers since that time .... Knock on wood.

I have had no problems with my Leviton dimmers since getting them all on firmware 1.2 (back when I was still on SmartThings. I really like the separate toggle for dimming and the visual display of the level. I do wish the built in DZ6HD driver reported physical/digital presses correctly. I have to use the generic smart Z-Wave dimmer driver.

I also love my Inovelli fan/light switches. Those are great.

Kasa switches dirt cheap and community support.

3 Likes

I would suspect that many people, like me, started with Wink used them as they were supported natively on Wink. They are also really nice switches, are very well made, and have a great feel working them manually. Their only real drawback for me is their cost especially if you have multiway switches. Most of the devices I've bought since moving to Hubitat are Inovelli and I like them as well.

2 Likes

Samotech SM323 for us UK non neutral folks👍

1 Like

I only have Lutron Caseta switches and they have operated flawlessly for me for the past 4 years. Just my 2 cents.

3 Likes

tank GIF

@ronv42 I have the GE Zigbee Enbrighten switches and HATE then. They are terribly inconsistent and flakey. I have 3-6 a week that drop off the mesh. I wouldn't bother.

Last in the series will be the battle of repeaters! Keep an eye on the Year in Review :wink:

2 Likes