Life360 Broken

There could be more coming. The problem is that Life 360 folks don't want to share their devices with other platforms, so thrid party integrations depend on reverse-engineering process that can break at any time.

For what it's worth, I've been noticing that my wife's phone primarily is resistant to leaving home in HE. I was on the native integration then temporarily used the community till the native one was fixed. Saw the behavior on both.

I have upgraded my hub to the latest firmware (2.3.6.136 at time of writing) and switched back to the Life360 Connector app. I temporarily swapped to the Life360+ community app but when I saw in the 2.3.6.x release notes that the inbuilt connector app had been fixed I re-enabled it and disabled Life360+

The login on the app is successful and pushing the Refresh button child device correctly updates the states of the family iPhones correctly, however when entering or leaving the home geofence boundary the Present / Not Presence state is not automatically updated.

Is anyone else seeing this same behaviour with the Life360 Connector app since upgrading to 2.3.6.x?

2 Likes

Yup, mines doing the same :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Exactly same experience for me as well.

Yes - handful of duplicate threads popping up.

Yes, exactly Same behaviour Here since end of September.

Same. :rage:

Same issue here and looked at logs. Looks like the last day the device updated was 9/21.

Looks like here is your answer.

Hi, for a week or so, it seems now I cannot login anymore at all? Like it was still working a few days ago and even until 2 days ago or so it was working but with a 10min delay or so. I created a routine that did a refresh every 10sec, as the update was not coming in automatically. But now even a refresh does not work anymore, and the login status is "failed".

By the way I tried the OwnTracks App. It does work...but only sometimes and with some considerable delay. But it also throws errors now and then, sometimes it does not update the presence at all and I find it very anoying that you have to start the app on the phone manually for it to work.

I haven't noticed an issue here but maybe Live 360 flagged your account? That routine is hitting their servers over 8600 times a day. That seems pretty excessive.

5 Likes

I contacted life360 support about it. Their answer:

In regards with the Home assistance, please be advised we no longer support home automation programs such as Google Home, Hubitat, Alexa, IFTTT, etc. and Life360 is not compatible with these programs.

We currently have no plans to reimplement this with Life360 however, I will take this one as feedback.

We are constantly working to build products our members will love. Rest assured that this will be taken as a feedback.

Mine has been working but I do have to use the refresh option via a rule I created. I'm not hammering their servers though. I'm only refreshing whenever the lock status changes. If everyone starts hammering the servers with excessive refreshes, they will surely shut down our ability to use even that with Hubitat.

2 Likes

Right on - as we've both said previously in other discussions, I agree that threat is real (and I expect it to happen). Look no further than MyQ for evidence.

Since the wife & I use iPhones, I recently bought an AppleTV and made the jump over to HomeKit. The HK presence stuff has so far been very solid, and HK additionally opens up the Matter option for me, so no regrets.

It was a good ride with L360 for several years, but the recent shakiness tells me it's time to get off.

2 Likes

:point_up: same here! HomeKit has worked very reliably for Geofenced-based Presence sensing.

1 Like

I've experienced a handful of recent false 'not present' notifications followed by 'present' within a few seconds. I think it's likely iOS 17 related as that is the only change. We'll see if it still happens on 17.1.

Is life 360 still broke? Like most I can't get geofence to work consistently, maybe less than 10% of the time. I've had zero luck using life360 getting the hub to notify me when me or my wife get home. What's the secret required in the rules. I tried basic and a trigger in rule machine nether work. The 360 app itself is working flawlessly. Thanks in advance for Any assistance

Yes, and most likely forever. LIfe360 killed off the transition events when you enter/leave regions. You would need to use Life360+ which polls the cloud if you want to continue to use Life360.

2 Likes

I was wondering what the difference between the two is. That also explains the lag of Life360+ sometimes.