Error when updating to Webcore 1.0.88 with HPM

When I try updating to 1.0.88 with HPM I got this error.

I try reboot my hub and got this error again... My C8 run 2.3.7.145

I believe it's a timeout error.. one of the files that make up WebCoRE is large enough that it doesn't finish in 300 seconds (5 min). @nh.schottfam started a conversation with me about this.. but no answer as of this moment.

Try doing an import on each of the apps and child apps

Sory for my stupid question but how doing it?

It’s the old way prior to HPM. Go to the App Code tab, and

click on each webCoRE app to open it, scroll down until you find a line that reads importUrl

Click the Import button and copy/paste that address into the dialog that comes up. Click Yes to overwrite and then click Save.

3 Likes

Thanks @thebearmay for your explications. I do the import of each app but I got the same error.
Like @csteele write I check during the update process and the process is jam to Upgrading webcore piston 5 minutes before rolling back.

That message looks like you are still using HPM

You need to update the code by hand in HE console -> apps code -> each webcore file

ie select each webcore file, and import button, then import, then save

if you need the links:

4 Likes

It works, I didn't realize that the import procedure gived by @thebearmay updated the application.
I always use HPM to do updates. 99.99% it works very well and it's super easy to use. I hope the next updates will work with HPM. Thanks for your help.

By the way, the new version fixes my trends display problem in HD+. Yay!

1 Like

Would you have the location for the DLH drivers for the WeCoRE Graphs, Presence and Wather?

webCoRE Graphs Tile Device
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/imnotbob/webCoRE/hubitat-patches/devicetypes/ady624/webcore-graph.src/webcore-graph.groovy

webCoRE Weather
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/imnotbob/webCoRE/hubitat-patches/devicetypes/ady624/webcore-weather.src/webcore-weather.groovy

webCoRE Presence Sensor
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/imnotbob/webCoRE/hubitat-patches/devicetypes/ady624/webcore-presence-sensor.src/webcore-presence-sensor.groovy

1 Like

Looks like I’ll need to use the manual method.

If you do a manual install, can you still use HPM for future updates? Would you just run the HPM update check and it would say you were upto date following the manual update?

Any way to get HPM in sync with the manual update. It still shows webcore as having updates pending.

If you remove the HPM app (not the code), and then recreate the app you will be forced to do a match up. In that process is a check box to assume that all packages found are current.

Just want to make sure i do this process correctly. Can you point me in the right direction where to remove the app?

You can use UnMatch, and select WebCoRE. Now, HPM is not managing those files. You can manually do the upgrade via the code import URLs, detailed above. Once all the WebCoRE files you are using have been manually updated, you can go back into HPM and MatchUP to add WebCoRE back into being managed. During MatchUP, there's an option to mark the current package as up-to-date, select that :slight_smile:

1 Like

Worked! Thank you.

1 Like

@csteele I updated webCoRE manually following your description UnMatching in HPM and mathing again after the manually update.

Now I get this in HPM?

Does this makes sense to you? Did I do anything wrong or what is the best to proceed from this point?

Thanks!

I am not certain what problem you are referencing.. perhaps because it looks completely normal to me :smiley:

If you are questioning why WebCoRE shows 0.0 it's because 'versions' are not a concept known to the hub for user apps and drivers (or files and bundles). Versions exist within HPM and more specifically in the PackageManifests. And there's only one of those containing the latest version number: 1.0.88. There's no mechanism to identify a version of code that is just sitting in Hubitat's Code folders.

IF that's your question then just pretend "0.0" means unknown-to-HPM :smiley: and click Next.

Thanks for your fast reply. Is it correct that HPM now starts installing webCoRE again?

Sorry, but I got confused now

:smiley:
No, if you manually updated to the latest then under the screen capture you provided is an option to mark the selection as Up-to-Date. You should have selected that option, since, after all, you did add the latest :slight_smile:

1 Like