webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

Don’t believe there is an automated one, but if you want go that route…

1. Install the built-in version
  2. Add all of the devices to the built-in version
  3. Manually import the pistons using the Create | Duplicate Piston function to cross instances
1 Like

Let me check that...

Can you PM me the hub id this is happening on?

Just sent

I'll need to play around with this. No easy answer.

1 Like

Is this still a problem or has it been fixed? Should we wait to update via HPM?

Needs to be looked at. In the meantime you can manually update if there is a feature or fix that you need.

3 Likes

I've tried to install webcore-piston.groovy and I got this message:

So, I believe that the problem is with HE software itself.

Hope this information helps.

EDIT: C-7 firmware 2.3.7.14

NEW EDIT 2023-01-08

The above error occurred when I tried to update the driver manually, downloading the code from github and trying to save.

I am hoping that this gets resolved soon too. I concur that it appears to be a timeout and specifically with the "piston" update driver. That part of the update just appears to hang. This is being addressed, correct?

3 Likes

@gopher.ny - any updates on this? Thanks!

1 Like

any updates on this? Is the update working now?

2 Likes

So at some point in one of the hubitat updates or webcore updates a few of my pistons nolonger work. They are all related to HSM. Specifically related to intrusion detection and intrusion-delay detrction. here is my piston that was working, and now nolonger works. Nothing in the piston has changed. my arm and disarm pistons still work.

Its like hubitat has changed the executes command and is nolonger "Intrusion Away" or "Intrustion-Delay"

Any way to find out what is uses now?

Ok I have done more testing, when an intrusion triggered in hubitat, webcore use to be able to detect this with and event alert, but now that nolonger triggers for intrusion or intrusion delay. Hubitat has changed something and not sure what. verified my friends stopped working also. Using latest webcore and hubitat version (c8)

Please don’t cross post Issue with HSM since updated to Current version.

Check your Location Log events. At least for mine, it appears that the event is a combination of intrusion and the mode, i.e. intrusion-night.

I tried tondelete one last night but dont have permissions.

Anyway the log does not show anything other than intursion and intrusion-delay. Or am i looking wrong.

It would be good to see piston logs (medium) for the piston executing thru these events.

I will get the logs when I have time. I did look ant them and could see the arm and disarm, but the intrusion / delay intrusion never triggered it. But I will still get logs after I rerun it again.

Have not had time to get the logs and test, but i did a workaround for now and created 2 virtual switches and used rule machine to turn them on based on intruder and intruser alert.

For now i will use this. Have my daughters wedding saturday so its a bit hetic now. Lol. Will come back here and post logs when i can.

Any news on this? Sorry guys, for bothering you. But currently an update of webCoRE isn't possible. Ends up in a fatal error. Are you still investigating or is it necessary to think about moving to the native integration? I don't know what that means. But I think any indication if there is a solution on it's way is really appreciated.

Please don't get me wrong, I just want to understand what are the next steps with this.

Thanks

This is not true; you can update the code manually. See the post above: webCoRE for Hubitat Updates - #1927 by thebearmay.

For the issue itself: there is a beta of the next platform version in testing, though I don't recall any fixes for this particular issue at the moment. And there is, as usual, also no timeline for actual release date--but I wouldn't expect any changes until whenever that is, at the earliest, given that 2.3.7.x is likely done at this point.

1 Like

Thanks @bertabcd1234 for your reply. As I said before I don't want to blame someone, I just want to understand.

I haven't tried to update manually because of this post: webCoRE for Hubitat Updates - #1928 by maffpt

Sounds like even the manual update is not going through.