After a few weeks of development, I am releasing my Denon AVR Driver for some brave souls to try. It is a BETA driver, and does some VERY non-traditional driver development. It might do bad things, there is no warranty. That said, I have built this driver to be FULLY configurable so I can add children devices and ANY command easily. If you are brave, take a look!
- Will this work on my device? I Have no idea. This is workiing on a Denon 3400H. That being said, it is based on the API documentation located HERE
- Wow, my whole hub crashed. Please read my introduction
- I want other features! I have included the one I care about. Let me know, I'll take a look
- I looked at your driver. I have no idea what is going on! Welcome to the club. As I said, this driver is doing some Groovy magic
- Entire driver is BUILT at runtime based on configuration structures. Adding support for new commands is simply as adding a line or so of code.
- Zone 2 support - Yea!
- Speaker support
- Zone 3 support (if someone asks for it)
- Supports about 70% of available commands (let's be honest, there are alot of them).
I have put it through the paces and it seems to be working, I need some community eyes on it.
Please install all these files. They are the main and child device drivers. Set up a virtual device of the Main Driver type and then setup the child devices from the Main Driver configuration page.
Main Driver: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tchoward/Hubitat/master/Denon_AVR_Master.groovy
Zone 2: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tchoward/Hubitat/master/Denon_AVR_Zone2_Child.groovy