Dynamic Image Switcher
Dynamically switch your dashboard image based on weather conditions, weather alerts, time of day, day of week, holidays, location mode, switch state, moon phases, and more.
Dynamic Image Switcher implements all underlying logic for selecting which image to display. Specifically, Dynamic Image Switcher automatically selects between images in order of priority, with images being prioritized in the following order: weather alert images, holiday images, scheduled images, and then either location mode images or weather images, depending on user configuration. All you have to do is specify the image URLs. No Need for Rule Machine
Use Case: set your dashboard background to a rainy landscape or an umbrella when it's raining, to a sunny meadow when it's clear skies, to a tornado when there's a tornado warning, a Christmas tree on Christmas, a birthday cake on your birthday, a baseball on game day, a full moon when there's a full moon, etc. Although framed as being usable for a dynamic background image, the app is not limited to dashboard background use.
Supported Image Types
JPG SVG PNG
- Calendarific (free) required for holidays
- Open Weather Map required for weather conditions
- NOAA Weather Alerts required for weather alerts
- Moon Phase app by @thebearmay required for moon phases.
- Install Dynamic Image Switcher app and Dynamic Image URL Device driver, either manually or via Hubitat Package Manager
- Enable OAth if installed manually
- Configure different URLs with different images
- Configure rules in the app to set the display image path to different ones of the configured URLs under different conditions
- Point your dashboard background to the imageURL attribute of the Dynamic Image Switcher device. Your different images will dynamically load from this single URL under the different conditions you established in the app.
Local Only: Note this only works locally. Hubitat does not currently support rendering of images at a cloud endpoint for remote access.
Compared to Conditional Image Server: Conditional Image Server is a light-weight version of Dynamic Image Switcher that does not implement any underlying logic for deciding which image to display. Dynamic Image Switcher, by contrast, implements all conditional logic for you, so that all you have to do is specify the image paths for preset conditions. Dynamic Image Server also allows you to supplement its logic with custom Rule Machine rules, by using Rule Machine to change the image URL of the custom Dynamic Image Switcher URL device. If you do not intend to use the preset conditions in Dynamic Image Switcher, then Conditional Image Server is a leaner app for you.