Ambient Weather Device

My son decided to throw this together REAL quick, but wanted me to share it. I have an Ambient Weather Station and my son implemented an Integration. Note: this DOES require an API key (which I was able to acquire HERE). Also note, right now, this only supports temperature and humidity. My son plans to expand assuming homework doesn't overwhelm him.

Ambient Weather App and Device

[UPDATED] - Weather Switch - Turn on a switch in response to weather
Ambient Weather Not Refreshing
[Updated] Weather Underground Driver - New API
Ambient Weather Not Refreshing
Community Device Drivers (FKA Compatible Devices Wiki)
Ambient Weather Integration
What PWS does everyone use?

Thanks. I’ll give this a try later. Love my Ambient Weather Falcon

Hi Thomas
It’s always interesting to see how things connect.
As a matter of interest, ‘tiles’ are not used in Hubitat device drivers (as apposed to ST DTH) so that section can be removed from the driver
Your son may find a couple of the existing weather drivers interesting and useful in his quest to expand this app/driver.

@Matthew created this one:

And I’ve done a couple:

Andy

Very cool. Have requested another key and will let you know how it works. I'm really interested in this project. If this could let me bypass Weewx and still use @Cobra's weather switch somehow, that would be ideal. Really what I've wanted all along so I could still use the Ambient Weather dashboard which I really like.

Cloud based, but so far their service has been very reliable.

Providing the driver presents the correct attributes, for example: temperature, humidity etc then you should still be able to use weather switch just the same.

Andy

I’m also watching this one closely. I’d love to not rely on WU as they are have closed the API to new users, and may shut the whole thing down.

Can't authorize app. Oauth is enabled, but I think it's not needed. Tried with and without. I get the following error when I enter my API key and a new app key that was just sent to me.

Error

There was an error authorizing you. Please try again.

End of Service for the Weather Underground API

Just loaded this in HE. Works great for temp and humidity. Any chance there will be others added like wind, rain, light level, barometric, etc. thanks

In addition to adding the other child devices could you possibly add a conversion from degrees to wind direction by name?
Here is how it might break down:

337.5 to 22.5 = North
22.5 to 67.5 = Northeast
67.5 to 112.5 = East
112.5 to 157.5 = Southeast
157.5 to 202.5 = South
202.5 to 247.5 = Southwest
247.5 to 292.5 = West
292.5 to 337.5 = Northwest

Thanks

Any chance this can be added on to, such as lux, rainfall, windspeed, etc. maybe even indoor conditions. This works great on my Ambient Weather WS-2902? I'm completely code illiterate but was able to get this to work, great job!

I have been poking at this today. I have the wind, wind gust, illuminance, Wind Direction, etc done. It is not presenting on the dashboard. Does anyone have a list of correct attribute names for weather?

Here are the attribute I have implemented. Are they the correct names?

Current States

• comfort : 0.0
  • dewPoint : 24.99
  • feelsLike : 43.9
  • humidity : 47
  • precip_1hr : 0
  • precip_today : 0.07
  • pressure : 29.52
  • temperature : 43.9
  • wind : 2.5
  • wind_degree : 164
  • wind_dir : S
  • wind_direction : South
  • wind_gust : 4.9
  • solarradiation : 26.14
  • uv : 1

I'm getting this error in my logs?

I have updated the GITHUB master branch (see first post) with the following:

• Moved all processing to the child device
  • Now support the following measurements: temperature, humidity, dew point, pressure, feels-like (temperature), wind speed, wind direction, wind direction (degrees), wind gust, comfort (0 = dry, 100 = wet and sticky), precipitation (today), precipitation (last hour).

I would recommend manually deleting the previous device and app before installing the new one.

I am getting the folowing error when I try to save as a new app.
Metadata Error:Please check if you inadvertently pasted driver code into apps code window on line 1

Thanks. You are correct, I messed up the upload. It should be fixed now

Just curious if it should Auto Refresh at the interval that is set or do I need a rule to Refresh the Device? It downloads all the information from Weather station so that works great..

Working great. Thanks

It should auto-refresh

Weird.. Mine does seem to auto refresh. I have to click the Refresh in the Device..

Maybe I'll uninstall and reinstall.