All devices under Z-Wave Details missing

I have had this happen 3 times now. Some background is I had some ghost devices I could not get rid of. I hadn't done much automation yet inside Hubitat so I decided to rebuild from my system from scratch. Removed everything and did full Z-Wave reset and reset on Hub. I then added most of my devices back in (around 40). I first noticed this happen a week or so later when trying to add in a device and it would not pair. I checked and found the list blank. I still see all the devices under the device section and automation still work. So shutting down the hub and powering off for a few minutes does fix this. However this is the third time it has happen now in a couple weeks. Restarting does not fix the issue. Only full shutdown and pulling power. Should I try doing a Z-wave repair.

1 Like

Z-Wave repair won't correct this. Can you post your Zwave Details, sounds like there still may be a device issue.

3 Likes

Tagging @support_team.

I’ve seen one other report of this issue. And I think in that case, a Soft Reset followed by database restore fixed it.

2 Likes

This is not normal, please send me a PM along with your hub's MAC address, I would like to further investigate.

3 Likes

The one time I've had this happen to me was immediately after the 7.17 upgrade, but IIRC there have been instances where a device caused a similar issue; in my instance a power down restart corrected it. Your devices look good, so I'm going to bow out and let HE Master Jedi @bobbyD do his magic. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Still loosing the Z-wave details. What are the steps for a soft reset with database restore. Do you use the latest database backup?

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Soft_Reset

I usually download a current backup right before doing this.

2 Likes

What @thebearmay said. Then use the one you downloaded to your pc to restore. That will ensure the database is clean.

1 Like

Did the restore last night and shutdown restart. Device came back, but when I checked again this morning everything gone. :confused:

I would recommend opening a warranty issue on support.hubitat.com.

1 Like

Download the Hubitat app