Zooz Relay and 4 in 1 sensors

A week ago I added 2 of the zooz 4 in 1 sensors and relay/contact boxes. My z-wave network has become completely unusable.

I am wondering if anyone has had a similar issue with these devices specifically before I remove and return them.

Btw, this is on the current firmware of a C7. I did do a recent firmware update, maybe that could be the issue?

@potts.mike If you have the 500 series of the 4-in-1 they need to be paired to the C7 via a z-wave usb stick paired as a secondary controller without security. This is well known and why the 4-in-1 is shown as incompatible with the c7 on the compatibility list. Zooz is making a 700 series version of the device now that can be included either with no security (clicking skip when prompted) or using s2. Avoid using s0 anywhere in your mesh if you can

3 Likes

They are paired without security and I believe the 700 series.

I have a zooz 4-in-1 that is paired with no security on a C7, paired with the hub as I do not have z-wave usb stick and the sensor is a few years old so I am pretty sure its a 500 series

one of my Zen32 scene controllers is losing its mind now also. It had been working without issue.

It was paired with an older version of the firmware. This is a known issue, Any more than one 4-in-1 is gonna bring down the mesh.

1 Like

Which driver are you using? Does it say 700 series on the box?

The driver does not call out 700

Checked the order and they are the Zooz Z-Wave Plus 700 Series 4-in-1 Sensor ZSE40.

1 Like

I just got my C7 a few months ago so would have been FW 2.2.8.156 good to know

Also it is on the compatibility list, is there a separate compatibility list for C7?

I think that I will remove the motion sensors and see if the z-wave network settles down.

If it is the 700 series, use the community driver as detailed in the Zooz instructions

Zooz instructions here specific to Hubitat
https://www.support.getzooz.com/kb/article/426-how-to-add-your-zse40-4-in-1-sensor-to-hubitat/

I'll give this a try

This is interesting. I am having a struggle with a ZSE19 over route changing. Looks like yours is doing something similar. Most likely your connection though, -10 is low, and you have 17 errors, something isn't communicating right.

agreed, with the I've gone from dozens of repeating devices to 1 repeater with the zes40 connected. I've changed the driver and rebooted the hub. I plan on letting it run for the day to see if the network doesn't stabilize. If things are still crazy I'll have to remove the motion sensors.

Change your parameter #8 to Notification Reports Only. You may have to press the little button with the wire to get it to change quickly, otherwise it will have to wait for wake up.

Seems like I am missing several device types

It had a note "Not compatible with c7" in it due to the issue with the 500 series version and s0. @bobbyD does this note need to go back into the compatibility list?

1 Like

See this thread on the 700 New 700 series version of the Zooz 4-in-1 released!