Multipart question

If they’re out of stock or whatever, you can get an SiLabs uzb7 for $20 from mouser:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Silicon-Labs/SLUSB001A?qs=sGAEpiMZZMv0NwlthflBi1ek1HKBUfCzdZbvDKfB03g%3D

1 Like

Looks like they are out of stock

Will check a few places for this if Agnes can’t help me.

1 Like

You wouldn't be charged for an order that hasn't physically shipped. Any pending charge like that should disappear from your account summary within a few days and it will never be posted. If the order is showing as cancelled, it might have been flagged by the automatic fraud system we're not able to override unfortunately.

@agnes.zooz

Ok this is very frustrating. The first three attempts were using my debit card that has zero issues. So I pay with Google Pay. Same card info. Google pay accepted at other online retailers.Google accepted the payment.

Just got an email saying from The Smartest House this order was canceled.

There is definitely an issue with your fraud detection software when it flags Google Pay.

My FIFTH attempt will be using a different card.

I'll pass it on to our service providers, thank you for your feedback.

I have 5 pending charges of about $38.00

Didn’t realize this was a multi -step procedure. The manual for the Z Stick more or less says plug and go. Had to register on Silicon Labs, download, install, and stumble around in Simplicity Studio. PC Controller recognizes the Z stick. I was able to pair a Zooz 4 in 1 sensor to the Z stick. Now I’m stuck. Is there a tutorial about this? How do I pair the Z stick to HE? Most everything I read is directed at people who are more intelligent about this than I.

1 Like

Thanks!

Now that my new scanner antenna is mounted, the z-stick is next in line for attention.

Tuya repeaters received, included, and Centralite plugs removed physically and in the app. Your instructions helped immensely compared to the Chinese translations combined with small fonts.

Need to wait for the ZigBee mesh to settle in.

The Zooz Z-Stick is in the queue, along with my other ‘projects’

1 Like

Update

Good news. The tuya ZigBee repeaters arrived and paired easily thanks to @aaiyar for the tutorial on setting them up.

The Zooz Z-Stick is connected and all 4 of the Zooz 4-in-1 sensors are paired with no security. Noticed there are several devices in the Z-Wave details with S0 and S2 security, so they will be excluded from the HE hub and included with the Z-Stick. Thanks to @rlithgow1 for steering me to the Z-Stick tutorial written by @danabw and @erktrek.

I definitely learned a lot from this. Thanks to everyone

5 Likes

I wish I could take credit but that is all @danabw and @erktrek on that tutorial.... They solved a lot of issues for us with that

3 Likes

Post edited to give proper credit. :+1:

3 Likes

2 more things

1. Does the Zooz Z-Stick have to be plugged into a powered up PC all the time, or can it be plugged into a USB wall wart or can it be put in a drawer? Everything I have come across does not mention this, or I missed it.

2. There are quite a few 500 series Z-Wave devices in my mesh. Should these be excluded from the HE hub and included to the Zooz Z-Stick like the Zooz 4-in-1 sensors?

I feel like the new user asking all types of questions back when I was SysOp of a BBS. Sort of a mini ‘Release the Kraken!’.

Either way works.. if you unplug it from the PC make sure you exclude from HE first. I prefer to remove it but others keep it plugged in. If your PC is a laptop that moves around like mine then it might be a good idea to remove it.

Again that is your call based on what is going on with your Hub.. If your 500 devices are paired as S0 and are not locks/garage relays etc then yeah, you could do that otherwise leave them alone..

The Zooz 4-in-1 is one of those devices that has been problematic with HE in the past but don't know the current status - I don't own any.

Note: Having a few S0 devices should be be okay as long as you are not experiencing "network busy" messages or slow mesh performance...

2 Likes

...but you were our muse... :wink:

Credit is OK, cash is better. I prefer 10s and 20s, @erktrek likes Benji's - he's always going on about how fun it is to flash a roll of 100's at the local 7-11 when he gets his daily slurpee. :smiley: :wink:

Here's a nickel... go buy some candy at the drug store

2 Likes

I miss that guy. I know he's moved to HA (at least in part), but I wish he'd still visit here once in a while.

2 Likes

My favorite was red hot dollars. Looked like a thick quarter.

I found them on Amazon. 5 pounds. Lasted a week.

Good thing I am not a diabetic.

1 Like

When you wish upon a star...got your wish!! ^^^^ :smiley: