Multipart question

It has been my experience that that doesn’t work as well as pairing it to a C5. Not sure why, it’s been a while now…

I went the C5 route myself, but happened to have one available. Maybe offer to trade a C7 for a C5?

How old are the ZSE40? Could you exchange them for the newer 700 series?

I haven't had any issues with mine on the C7 paired as none. My experience anyway

2 Likes

That might be the easier option then! :smile:

Just ordered a Zooz Z Stick then I read the sensors work with no security. :expressionless:

Still getting the Z stick @agnes.zooz

I am learning more from the people here than I will be able to remember.

In addition to being educated on HE, my retired brain decided that wasn’t enough load so I am also fussing with RTL-SDR. Then I picked up a Radio Shack digital trunking scanner and put the wrong type of antenna on the house (too cold to get up there and swap it out)

You will need the stick to pair them without s0 security if they are the 500 series version of the sensor. With the 700 series, you can simply click SKIP when prompted for s2 security.

1 Like

Yes, thank you. I just realized that. They do have the 500 chip.

1 Like

Let us know how it goes. Those sensors will crash a mesh like a meteor to the earth

Ordered a z stick from The Smartest House. Got an email confirmation. Then another email saying the order was canceled. So I order it again, get an email confirmation, then another email saying the order was canceled. Same thing happened the third time. Emailed zooz asking what is the issue. No reply and it’s been 8 hours.

I need this z stick for the WAF.

My bank shows 3 pending charges from The Smartest House.

@agnes.zooz please check into this.

1 Like

If they’re out of stock or whatever, you can get an SiLabs uzb7 for $20 from mouser:

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Silicon-Labs/SLUSB001A?qs=sGAEpiMZZMv0NwlthflBi1ek1HKBUfCzdZbvDKfB03g%3D

1 Like

Looks like they are out of stock

Will check a few places for this if Agnes can’t help me.

1 Like

You wouldn't be charged for an order that hasn't physically shipped. Any pending charge like that should disappear from your account summary within a few days and it will never be posted. If the order is showing as cancelled, it might have been flagged by the automatic fraud system we're not able to override unfortunately.

@agnes.zooz

Ok this is very frustrating. The first three attempts were using my debit card that has zero issues. So I pay with Google Pay. Same card info. Google pay accepted at other online retailers.Google accepted the payment.

Just got an email saying from The Smartest House this order was canceled.

There is definitely an issue with your fraud detection software when it flags Google Pay.

My FIFTH attempt will be using a different card.

I'll pass it on to our service providers, thank you for your feedback.

I have 5 pending charges of about $38.00

Didn’t realize this was a multi -step procedure. The manual for the Z Stick more or less says plug and go. Had to register on Silicon Labs, download, install, and stumble around in Simplicity Studio. PC Controller recognizes the Z stick. I was able to pair a Zooz 4 in 1 sensor to the Z stick. Now I’m stuck. Is there a tutorial about this? How do I pair the Z stick to HE? Most everything I read is directed at people who are more intelligent about this than I.

1 Like

Thanks!

Now that my new scanner antenna is mounted, the z-stick is next in line for attention.

Tuya repeaters received, included, and Centralite plugs removed physically and in the app. Your instructions helped immensely compared to the Chinese translations combined with small fonts.

Need to wait for the ZigBee mesh to settle in.

The Zooz Z-Stick is in the queue, along with my other ‘projects’

1 Like

Update

Good news. The tuya ZigBee repeaters arrived and paired easily thanks to @aaiyar for the tutorial on setting them up.

The Zooz Z-Stick is connected and all 4 of the Zooz 4-in-1 sensors are paired with no security. Noticed there are several devices in the Z-Wave details with S0 and S2 security, so they will be excluded from the HE hub and included with the Z-Stick. Thanks to @rlithgow1 for steering me to the Z-Stick tutorial written by @danabw and @erktrek.

I definitely learned a lot from this. Thanks to everyone

5 Likes

I wish I could take credit but that is all @danabw and @erktrek on that tutorial.... They solved a lot of issues for us with that

3 Likes