Multipart question

Post edited to give proper credit. :+1:

3 Likes

2 more things

1. Does the Zooz Z-Stick have to be plugged into a powered up PC all the time, or can it be plugged into a USB wall wart or can it be put in a drawer? Everything I have come across does not mention this, or I missed it.

2. There are quite a few 500 series Z-Wave devices in my mesh. Should these be excluded from the HE hub and included to the Zooz Z-Stick like the Zooz 4-in-1 sensors?

I feel like the new user asking all types of questions back when I was SysOp of a BBS. Sort of a mini β€˜Release the Kraken!’.

Either way works.. if you unplug it from the PC make sure you exclude from HE first. I prefer to remove it but others keep it plugged in. If your PC is a laptop that moves around like mine then it might be a good idea to remove it.

Again that is your call based on what is going on with your Hub.. If your 500 devices are paired as S0 and are not locks/garage relays etc then yeah, you could do that otherwise leave them alone..

The Zooz 4-in-1 is one of those devices that has been problematic with HE in the past but don't know the current status - I don't own any.

Note: Having a few S0 devices should be be okay as long as you are not experiencing "network busy" messages or slow mesh performance...

2 Likes

...but you were our muse... :wink:

Credit is OK, cash is better. I prefer 10s and 20s, @erktrek likes Benji's - he's always going on about how fun it is to flash a roll of 100's at the local 7-11 when he gets his daily slurpee. :smiley: :wink:

Here's a nickel... go buy some candy at the drug store

2 Likes

I miss that guy. I know he's moved to HA (at least in part), but I wish he'd still visit here once in a while.

2 Likes

My favorite was red hot dollars. Looked like a thick quarter.

I found them on Amazon. 5 pounds. Lasted a week.

Good thing I am not a diabetic.

1 Like

When you wish upon a star...got your wish!! ^^^^ :smiley: