ZB/ZW multi button remotes - Recommendations?

I am looking for something to replace my old 433MHz 41GGZ11UrjL.AC_SY450

Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement using Zigbee or Zwave?

I have had nothing but success with Aeon ZW Minimotes. You can probably still find them and they are cheap. They only have 4 buttons press/hold; the one you show looks like it does 16 with the ABCD switch?

Excellent !!! Thank you

Will look for them.

Remotec ZRC-90, z-wave, 8 buttons, supports double tap as well as the usual button presses

1 Like

Thanks - Will search for them in the UK.

This looks interesting - just not sure if will work with HE

https://www.amazon.co.uk/yagusmart-Wireless-Switch-Battery-Control/dp/B08J3TMGJH/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=zigbee+remote&qid=1613581286&sr=8-6

Take a look at the rgb genie zigbee remote
https://www.amazon.com/RGBgenie-Brightness-Control-Factory-Philips/dp/B07GBK3KPS/ref=sr_1_10?dchild=1&keywords=zigbee+button&qid=1613620649&sr=8-10

@Rxich a really good find there!

I really like that, Amazon is out of stock, I checked the website for the company and they have a range of interesting zwave and zigbee switches.

Have you actually got the remote you referenced working in HE?

I am up for giving it a try but the shipping is as much as the actual device, so would rather like to have some idea if it will actually work.

I do not have the remote. I know Mike was working on RGB genie device drivers, and I think he has the remote in there? If not you can put in a request to support. They're good at adding devices, and maybe already incorporating this device

1 Like

In a similar boat here, looking for recommendations of quality multi-button Z-Wave remotes that play nicely with Hubitat. First, let me say, that I LOVE my Nodon 4-button Soft Remote, which has worked perfectly since day one -- first with Vera Plus and now on Hubitat. I'm in the U.S. market, by the way.

BUT... Nodon appears to be discontinuing that product (despite having briefly marketed another battery-less remote with the same name and look, minus the LED), and the only places still selling them are TheSmartestHouse (dot com, who just told me they will stop soon) and some random dude on eBay. Each wants $33-40.

SO... Does anyone have a 4-button, multi-action (e.g. single/double/hold) mini remote / scene controller they'd like to suggest?? Preferably from a known brand who won't be disappearing any time soon, runs on a CR2032 battery (or none?) that lasts a few months (at least), is compact, QUIET, and ideally not in the loud, gaudy colors Nodon was using, lol.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

• Libra

Zigbee is your best bet. There has been nothing new or exciting in the z-wave world for ages now.

Thanks. I looked briefly at the "Zigbee Remote" selection on Amazon, but only see one or two contenders. Although cheaper, they seem limited in most cases to one or two buttons, though I see a couple of units offering 4 buttons, all under $30 US.

Meanwhile, the Remotec ZRC-90US ($36, also mentioned earlier in this thread) appears viable in terms of cost-per-button, handsome appearance and overall functionality. Z-Wave presumably does have the advantage of longer reach across the home network of installed devices, although that's not a sticking point in my intended application (where the remote will be just a few feet from my Hubitat).

It's the best cost per button out there but It is old and availability might be a problem in the future.

1 Like

If you choose one or more remotes on Amazon, you can post the link here and I will try to identify what exactly model and manufacturer it is, although it is often difficult or even impossible to do it.

There are dozens of Tuya white labels multi-button remotes, but honestly I can't recommend any of them. For me, the best remotes are Philips Hue dimmers and Osram Lightify 4 button remotes, but these are hard to find nowadays.

1 Like