[Release] Minoston Wallmote (Updated/Fixed)

Hello, first time posting a driver. The only driver I could find for my MR40Z was not working so I fixed it and did some cleanup. This driver should have all the functionality of the generic driver plus control over the LED and the triple press.

I have not tested associations, the code for that has not been touched. I plan on testing that in the future.

5 Likes

Noticed a bug when testing the device with S2.

Looks like the supervisionReport command wasnt working right. Took some searching but I found this example. Hubitat/iBlinds-v3-Beta.groovy at e4b845c5d9f2a3985bd242393c77b3774147fa6f · RMoRobert/Hubitat · GitHub

void zwaveEvent(hubitat.zwave.commands.supervisionv1.SupervisionGet cmd) {
   hubitat.zwave.Command encapCmd = cmd.encapsulatedCommand(commandClassVersions)
   if (encapCmd) {
      zwaveEvent(encapCmd)
   }
   sendHubCommand(new hubitat.device.HubAction(
      zwaveSecureEncap(zwave.supervisionV1.supervisionReport(sessionID: cmd.sessionID,
         reserved: 0, moreStatusUpdates: false, status: 0xFF, duration: 0)),
         hubitat.device.Protocol.ZWAVE)
   )
}

supervisionReport Lets the network know the data was received I guess?

1 Like

Thank you for fixing this! I was trying to use the original driver (v1.0.4) with my remote and couldn't get any rules to work. Wasted an hour going around in circles, I thought I was going crazy.

Thank you so much for this, I also got the remote working.

This remote is great... It's small, inexpensive, long battery life, and has 4 buttons with multiple states. I have never found a Zwave or Zigbee remote that I like as much, everything else is much bigger and more expensive.

As soon as I got mine working I went to buy another and they appear to be no longer available! #@&*@

It looks like Zooz now make a VERY similar device

I got this notification today too. This Zooz model must be related, they are too close. Good news, the Minoston remote seems to be excellent and it's too bad it's not available anymore.

I did write to Minoston support recently, and they said the remotes should be back in stock in a few months. I wonder if it will reappear with a rechargeable battery like this Zooz model?

I think that Evalogik is the manufacturer for the Minoston, New One, and Zooz. All four of these are indistinguishable from each other, physically.

They likely only have very minor differences in hardware. An angled cord instead of straight power cord on the outdoor outlets, for example. Different color LED on the button on the indoor plugs. Things like that.

They likely have unique firmware and features between these models, and their distribution network and support is quite varied between all brands. Zooz seems to have a great price on these, as well as top-notch support.

Yeah, I am pleased my Minoston worked via this community driver, but... A Zooz version will be really nice to have.

If you do want the Zooz model, it is fully supported on HE with my custom driver:
[DRIVER] Zooz ZEN37 Wall Remote

3 Likes