Update: I just have weird problems with this stuff .. all the time!

ogiewon I use Opera Mostly But happens with
Chrome and Opera

5GHz is not going to conflict with Zigbee or Z-Wave. Using 80MHz channel width for 5GHz would limit the WiFi throughput to about 433Mbps... So, feel free to use 160GHz if any of your 5GHz WiFi devices actually support it. Most will probably not. :slight_smile:

Sorry I am confused LOL
I would also recommend changing the 5 GHz channel bandwidth to 40MHz (or a max of 80MHz if you have 1Gbps Internet Service.)

What setting for 5g ?

You can leave the 5Ghz WiFi settings as-is for now. They are not hurting anything related to your home automation. Using a 160MHz channel width is helpful for higher throughput over WiFi for devices that support it... However, if you have multiple WiFi Access Points throughout your house, it is often better to use a lower channel width to prevent the multiple APs from bumping into one another.

If you have just one WiFi AP, then leave the 5GHz settings alone for now.

2 Likes

Yeap Just one router .. Ok will do thanks ..

1 Like

Question ..

How the heck are you guys getting this stuff to work !
I have tried to add : Hub Information Driver v3
and this : Honeywell TCC Total Connect Comfort Paren

And I can get them working but after a wile the hub will run out of memory I think or start acting up.
Or if I use custom drivers they seem to work for a bit then the device will stop working.

Hub Information should show you the free memory and you can use that to do a controlled reboot, but if you're leaking memory as quickly as it sounds you definitely have an issue. First place to look would be your logs for any error messages that may point you in a direction. Barring that I'd consider disabling any/all apps and/or drivers that utilize http calls - particularly to cloud services; if that corrects your issue then reenable them one by one with some time in between until you find the one that makes your hub go crazy again.

"it just works" is my answer. :slight_smile: I don't do anything special, but I have Hub Info driver running on all 6 of my hubs, and Honeywell TCC running on two, often three of my hubs. I have both versions installed on one hub, one disabled, one active, just to be able to switch during development.

I have 4 hubs in my Production array and the one that says it's got the highest CPU shows these Apps and Drivers use:

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 8.47.51 AM
Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 8.47.41 AM

Feels like I should be fearing icicles growing. I think 1.5% for devices is kinda high, but then I realize that's the hub that has a RGBW controller that runs 24x7x365 randomly changing colors every 6-12 seconds (randomly). It has no use at all, but by sitting just a couple inches outside of my field of vision it doesn't bother me or anyone else and, I can always glance at it and say "blue" and then anytime later glance again and see it's not blue... hub must be running just fine :smiley:

My point is that: you're right, it's NOT supposed to stop working. You should have a hub that runs for weeks, or months without issue. My hubs all get updated at roughly the rate at which Hubitat releases updates. So 5 days of uptime, a week or so after a major release, is about normal. 30-40 days is also normal when the hot fixes diminish. I have rebooted a hub or two outside of the upgrade schedule, but it's probably been once a year... I do remember having to double boot a hub.. once during upgrade and once 10 mins later when I had a lot of ZWave fall off. That fixed it though.. and that's been a once-in-a-lifetime experience, so far.

Thanks for the reply ..

As far as I know I do not have ANY thing currently that does http calls.
I have a VERY basic system as seen in first post. your HUB info works OK just fine.
Honeywell TCC < works ok when installed ..
But as I add stuff .. the hub become unstable and I start getting weird things happening.
Like : devices stop working .. battery button controls stop working .. dashboard gets slow and or tiles stop working.

Honeywell TCC is one of those "http call" drivers, for example.

Right .. But I do not have it installed currently ..

1 Like

Well that rules out the "easy" route. Bad devices can cause the issues you're experiencing also but harder to track down. Are your devices ZWave, Zigbee or a combination thereof?

do you uninstall or just use the handy Disable button for each driver/app?

thebearmay
Please check out Top Post.
I have a SMALL system : 21 - zigbee devices and 6 - z-wave devices.
Device's going off line .. having to readd them mostly ZigBee.
Same Battery button device's ( 5 ) total and only ( 1 ) will report battery
[dev:8] - 2024-02-16 07:16:21.943 AM[info] - 4-button-Switch - Living Room battery is 100%
Many of the windows do not show info like the Zigbee Network Graph .
When I try to do a local and it downloads I get a htm file not the manual.lzf
backupDB_fileName=latest (5).htm < inside it says : backup file not found

the Dashboard never seems to work right ...
The tiles just seem to stop working click a tile and it just gets the please wait symbol.
I goto the device and can tun it on and off just fine from the device page.
Most times I have to delete the tile and re-add it to get it to work again !

csteele
I unitstall them from Hubitat Package Manager

For my Development hub, I use the disable, since it seems to disable it about as much as uninstalling from what I can tell.

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 9.06.16 AM

Yeah .. I installed the rebooter app .. and have the disabled ..

I was going to use it because of the problems i have ,.,
but am concerned it will mess up the data bases ..

Apologies. Thought I'd done that already, but evidently a short memory.

This is disturbing... If you take a local backup without downloading is it added to the list for the hub? If it does may want to consider a reboot with rebuild.

Other than that, maybe disable all devices and slowly reenable them to see if one appears to be an issue.

That's ultraconfusing to me.. the dashboard just clicks the device buttons via it's own unique MakerAPI-like interface. Are you using the Cloud version of Dashboard when you are Local?

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 9.12.32 AM

Which are you using?

I agree to both your posts LOL It is very weird !
It is NOT added to the list when I get the HTM File. and no errors in logs.

csteele
I use the dashboard 99% locally from the home computer.

Power supply issues can sometimes be at the root of problems like these too - so maybe try a different power block.