webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

Dumb question time. I created a new mode in HE, Home, as I do not use Day and Night. Is webCoRE supposed to be able to find this new mode or do I have to tell it to? Feeling really dumb at the moment lol.

Edit: Hard reload of browser took care of the new mode :slight_smile:

webcore should find it.

Definition of find it:

• it knows about it if it is in Hubitat.
  • the IDE knows about it when you switch pistons or locations in the IDE.

I installed WebCore yesterday on my new C7, and then logged into WebCore, and all of my pistons that I've been using on SmartThings were there.

I had assumed I was going to have to migrate my pistons over from WebCore SmartThings Land. Should I assume that I need to create a new account/login from Hubitat WebCore and start from there?

NVM, their gone now. Odd...I wonder what happened yesterday...

I tried several times to import a piston (restore a backup using code from my SmartThings WebCore, and it always comes up empty w/the message below. Is restoring from backup code the right way to bring in pistons from SmartThings WebCore to Hubitat WebCore?

Does getting pistons over to Hubitat require using a file backup of the pistons?

I would try file backup (create file on webcore console pointed to ST), then restore the file webcore console pointed to HE.

This does work sometimes directly, but there is a mapping issue on the server side that sometimes comes up...trying to find this but it appears to be on the webcore servers.

Red backup or green snapshot?

Thanks for your question.

I used the code here...the one that appears when you click in the box when the piston is open.

The same code appears when you do a red snapshot.

I then used that code in the Create piston flow, Restore a Piston using a Backup code:

Failed each time I tried - all I got was an empty piston.

I believe those backups are hashed with something unique to ST which is why it fails. The green one work though but you'll have to select your devices and fill in blank URL if you used those in your pistons.

1 Like

Great, thanks, I'll give that a try now.

Update: Yup, green snapshot works w/the expected limitations.

Importing from a backup file fails just like the red snapshot, likely for the same reason.

Thanks very much for your help!

If you are porting your pistons over you may want to back all of your pistons up on SmartThings using the webCoRE dashboard and then use "Import a piston from a backup file" found on the "+ New Piston" tab.

I have moved several pistons from my ST webcore instance to my Hubitat webcore instance using Create Duplicate piston.

If I try to do two in a row I get an error where it will import but I can't save it. I have found if I leave the habitat instance and go back to the ST instance and then come back again I can do another one.

hi, I'm hoping somebody can help me. I have a piston that happens daily at a certain time of the day and on certain days. It works fine but every few days for whatever reason the piston stops working and shows a notice saying" This piston does not subscribe to any even" so to fix that have to hit test and its good to go for a few more days

Anybody had that issue before?

Please ensure you are on the latest version of webcore.

Then after you are sure you are updated, in the webcore console, go to that piston, and pause, then resume it.

This sounds like an earlier corrected problem.

@an39511 - Funny, I used that process (restore from backup file) to try to move a piston from ST WebCore to HE WebCore yesterday, and it did not work for me - I got an empty piston.

Tried it again based on your comment (w/a different piston from the backup file) and it worked this time! I guess bad luck, the first piston backup had some issue. Restoring all of the ones I want to move over to HE now. Glad I tried again based on your post. :slight_smile:

I'm on the latest version of webcore. I'm using Package Manager to do the updates. Thank you I will follow your suggestion pause the piston and resume. Hopefully that will fix it.

Hello, I have st with webcore since 2 years, I have hubitat since January, then I ask if I could install webcore on hubitat and told me it cause hub saturation and many problems... Now I see there are many people with webcore on hubitat, I want to know if I can install webcore on hubitat and it will work fine.
Other question, the webcore I have on st will stay separated of the webcore I will install on hubitat?.

Lot lot of thanks.

The problems webCoRE had at the very beginning did cause issues but those were long ago fix. webCoRE has evolved into a very efficient and robust app. I run webCoRE for 100% all automations with 90+ pistons and over 100 devices,

The pistons you have on SmartThings remain separate from Hubitat. You use the same UI but there is a tab in the upper left of the UI which allows you to switch between the two.

Lot of thanks. I will install on hubitat.

With the pushover integration can you set the title, sound and priority from inside webcore?

Yes. In my setup I have one piston that does the pushing. It takes sound, title, and priority as $args and defaults to whatever value I have set if the calling piston doesn't provide the arguments.

I think you want to search pushover in the forums. The pushover device is built-in to Hubitat. I'm not finding documentation in the HE documentation on its capabilities. So I'm not sure if you need to create multiple devices each with different settings or if you can embed strings into your message to adjust pushover handling of the message.

When there was a custom driver (user written), there was a way

If you still don't find it you may want to contact HE support