WebCore kinda odd - changes my account during piston duplication

I was using WebCore on ST for years, now as I move over to Hubitat I'm using Hubitat WebCore and working on some of the pistons I want to set up.

Finding an odd behavior...if I duplicate an existing piston in my Hubitat WebCore instance, I get switched over to my SmartThings WebCore instance during the create - when the duplication process ends I'm in my SmartThings WebCore. I can replicate the behavior over and over.

Anyone who came from SmartThings seen this behavior and found a way out of it? It's a little annoying as I can't duplicate any of my pistons (useful when creating pistons w/similar functions...)

This is discussed some in the webcore thread:

It is something we want to look into. There are workarounds if you see above.

HE does not have the 'account' concept in ST, and that causes some of the confusion.

Thanks...there are 500 posts in that thread. :slight_smile: Can you be a little more specific about the workarounds available to keep the account from switching when using the duplicate piston process?

I have exprienced the account switch a few other times, but for the most part I don't get bumped out of the Hubitat WebCore instance the vast majority of the time.

The near term work-around is to use local backup (from ST) and then use that backup for restore of the selected pistons.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.