webCoRE for Hubitat Updates

Appreciate it. So I was using the 'backup code' that you can generate by clicking in the black and white snowy box (upper right) when the piston is open. Using that created the error (is that how you were doing it?)

I was, however, able to hit "backup pistons" and create a backup file that I then went to import and that seems to be functional.

Yes, you create a full backup of all pistons on the left menu column.
It creates a compressed file you can open in another instance of WC to select the pistons you want to restore.

1 Like

Christ, I'm having a problem. All of a sudden, I can't log into webcore.

Tried rebooting. Tried logging out and registering new browser, tries incognito and both my desktop and phone.

I can't do a thing. Any suggestions? This is a major issue.... =/

How about another browser?

Odd. After a million attempts, it finally asked me to log in again to authenticate.

Now it works again. Terrifying.

Glad it is working again. Not sure what you ran into. I assume you did all these steps:

[Wiki] webCoRE Documentation Digest - #2 by nh.schottfam and subsequent notes?

Baffled me.

I tried all but

Less Common / not very common

• you may have a db corruption on your HE hub
    • take a backup of your HE hub and store it on your computer

Getting the error
app:672024-05-03 03:52:39.518 PMwarn ║ Please update HE firmware to improve time handling

app:672024-05-03 03:52:39.509 PMwarn ║ Actual sunrise and sunset times are unavailable; please reset the location for your hub

The hub software is up to date and I've set the zip code in the settings...

any ideas?

what the code thinks happened is it called app.getSunriseAndSunset() and did not get a response ...

So you could try to reboot, and ensure you timezone and location are correct before rebooting...

I have not seen this error much, but that is what the code had happen to print the message.

1 Like

I haven't been able to update Webcore for a couple of months now. Current version 1.0.87 HPM downloads version 1.0.93 but fails on the install producing this message.

Several post about this, here is one.

1 Like

Mine is working perfect on 1.0.87, so I think I will wait to see how everything plays out before jumping to another instance.

Same thing again. Pulling my hair out here...

I suggest:

1 Like

In the end, I needed to rollback the hub.

Odd.

@nh.schottfam - I noticed a new webCoRE update (1.0.94) in HPM, but there's no description on what changed. Can you provide details?
Thanks!

1 Like

I get the following :-
1.0.94 - update for cloud gzip responses, updates to json logging, IDE improvement for timers, optimizations

I’ve not tried an update, as assume it still doesn’t work via HPM

Here are the recent updates:

SHOULD REBOOT HUB, wait few mins, then update webCoRE. HPM has had problems hanging on new HE firmware releases...may need to update files manually

If you update manually, update starting with piston file, fuel stream, any devices, and finish with the webcore main app.

• 1.0.94 - update for cloud gzip responses, updates to json logging, IDE improvement for timers, optimizations
  • 1.0.93 - another time handling fix, and optimization, bug fixes
  • 1.0.92 - update time handling for compler issue
  • 1.0.91 - update time handling with sunrise/sunset
  • 1.0.90 - update IDE operations during edit with variables
  • 1.0.89 - Fix for hsmAlert events, cleanup azimuth and altitude sun calculations
  • 1.0.88 - Fix for graph current value, fix for graph setting for http vs https, new location events lowMemory and cloudBackup, fixed marking of global variables in use, added altitude and azimuth to weather data, UI modules updates
  • 1.0.87 - DST updates, graph tile fixes
  • 1.0.86 - fix roundtominutes
  • 1.0.85 - update sunrise, sunset
  • 1.0.84 - update switch statement subscription display
  • 1.0.83 - add asin, sin, cos function, update to allow piston setting custom timezone for sunrise/sunset

You may have to update manually.

I have been in discussions with @gopher.ny . The compile of the files happens pretty quickly. It appears there is post processing done to apply the updated files to the running applications, and that is what seems to take a long time. Victor has said he will look into it

1 Like

I feel like a traitor since I moved to the HE embedded version; I miss the instant updates and testing of the fixes I ask for from @ipaterson and @nh.schottfam , great guys.
I don't seem to see a correlation between the HE version and the user app version.
How can I tell how far behind HE is?
I do use staging.webcore so at least the UI is current albeit in test.

If you go into webcore main app, it will show you what you have:

HE console -> apps -> webcore