Thermostat tile kaput?

I think I figured it out, the list of supported thermostat modes needs quotes around each mode in the JSON_OBJECT (I expect the same will be true for fan modes). I was able to setup a virtual thermostat device, noticed the quotes in the attribute, so tested with and without quotes and was able to replicate the issue with the virtual thermostat.

This configuration works in a dashboard:

This does not:

@bikesquid - Are you able to double-check this on your thermostat devices?

3 Likes

You mean this line in the child code?
attribute "supportedThermostatModes", "ENUM", ['auto', 'off', 'heat', 'emergency heat', 'cool']

fixed: said parent, meant child...

@sburke781 btw changing target temp does seem to work in the tile... so it's mode/fan.
fyi

On the device page, the attributes of the child device (single quotes don't work, trying doubles, which I believe is what JSON requires).

Ok, hopefully that explains it. Out of interest, is it the same on the devices using the other driver? i.e. not mine?

from Total Comfort API C...

Ok, that's what needs to change. Just tweaked my driver and tested it, double quotes around the modes is what is needed. Simple fix in the end, and makes sense to align to what I believe is a JSON standard. I'll release the fix shortly. You may want to point the dev of the Total Comfort driver to this topic or pass on the info.

Version 1.0.24 of the Unified driver is released

confirmed. Did have to save prefs....Thanks for the quick fix mate.

1 Like

2.3.3.123 (just released) has dashboard tile logic that's more tolerant of mode and fan mode enum values.

5 Likes

One problem, three solutions (two community drivers fixed and one tile fixed)....
In two days...
Can't complain about that! Thanks all!

3 Likes

@gopher.ny in .123 it looks like dashboards work fine from the web interface without double-wrapping the mode/fanmode enums. However they still do not work from a dashboard within the Android app, using 1.6.9b133

Please try now.

Update: It is working now after I cleared the cached files of MS Edge.

I have 2 Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave, both tiles stopped working since last update
I just updated to latest which said fixed the Thermostat title, but it's still not working.

I was using the custom "Advanced Honeywell T6 Pro Thermostat" driver but I also changed to use the built-in "Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave Thermomsat" driver with the latest firmware, still not working.

These are what shown for the device, all modes shown without quote

• supportedThermostatFanModes : [auto, on]
  • supportedThermostatModes : [off, heat, cool, emergency heat]
1 Like

Have you tried the Generic Z-Wave Thermostat Driver? I haven't tested it w/tiles but it works very well gennerally w/a T6 Pro I have set up with it.

Works again!

2 Likes

I tried clearing the cache. The tile will let me change the temperature setting, but the Mode buttons don't work. Mine broke around the same time yours did. Are your mode buttons working?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.