Thermostat tile kaput?

After update (one of the latest, not sure which) currently on 2.3.3.122...
Dashboard with thermostat tile that "worked" no longer responds.

I have several thermostats.
They all worked fine in terms of dashboard functions.
One tile responds to clicks, its using the generic zigbee on a linked hub, the others, using Total Comfort API C and Unified Thermostat user driver are not responding at all... no idea where to go next.

Have you tried recreating the tile?

Yes sir, didn't fix.

Do the controls work from the device screen itself?

Yes sir.

And the tile updates with the right info... just cant change anything from the tile.

Database changed so might be mild corruption during the update. (Rare but it happens) Download a backup to your PC. Do a soft reset and then restore from the database you backed up to your PC. Then just down, unplug power to the hub (at wall not hub) for a minute and power back up. See how you fare...

Sorry, but can't see how that's possible... we're talking 6 thermostats, all user code drivers, none now working....

only one working is an HE supplied driver and the only HE supplied driver.

I'm not saying user code is the reason, I'm suggesting that 6 different devices acting the same doesn't sound like corruption as there are two different drivers involved so it's not corrupt driver code, it's not the tile that's corrupt as it works with one device, ... corrupt code seems doubtful, no offense intended.

Apparently, the community driver needs to be updated as a consequence of platform changes. Iā€™d recommend contacting its author with your observations.

3 Likes

By that are you saying there is a known requirement for the thermostat drivers to change? Or just making an observation? No issue either way, just wanting to know whether to track down some info from Hubitat or troubleshoot the issue.

1 Like

No, I'm saying that Ockham's Razor would suggest the first hypothesis to eliminate would be that the two specific community drivers need a change to accommodate for some platform change.

Since the two thermostats created with those two community drivers don't work with the thermostat tile whereas a thermostat using a built-in driver does.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks @aaiyar , just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything.

2 Likes

I believe I remember seeing this noted by an HE team member on another thread...

1 Like

@gopher.ny talks about having fixed some issues in 119, which is earlier than what @bikesquid is running:

https://community.hubitat.com/t/beta-release-2-3-3-available/99875/12?u=sburke781

I got this in Chrome on one of my dashboards, though it's had a reasonable amount of CSS applied, so might test a fresh one in a minute.... EDIT - I get the same error with a newly created dashboard.

I do also mess with the supported modes in the driver, that could also be a factor...

I think I figured it out, the list of supported thermostat modes needs quotes around each mode in the JSON_OBJECT (I expect the same will be true for fan modes). I was able to setup a virtual thermostat device, noticed the quotes in the attribute, so tested with and without quotes and was able to replicate the issue with the virtual thermostat.

This configuration works in a dashboard:

This does not:

@bikesquid - Are you able to double-check this on your thermostat devices?

3 Likes

You mean this line in the child code?
attribute "supportedThermostatModes", "ENUM", ['auto', 'off', 'heat', 'emergency heat', 'cool']

fixed: said parent, meant child...

@sburke781 btw changing target temp does seem to work in the tile... so it's mode/fan.
fyi

On the device page, the attributes of the child device (single quotes don't work, trying doubles, which I believe is what JSON requires).