Sylvania LIGHTIFY Smart Switch 8 Functions/ 4 Buttons

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M3OK6J7/ref=twister_B07DR4YPDY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Anyone have this button? 8 Functions with 4 buttons for under $15 is nice. I was hoping to use a modified ST driver to enable it, but it sounds like it is available in the ST IDE drop-down menu. Is there a way to get that driver still?

There is a 2 button option in the Hubitat wiki list but that is not the same device.

It's on my to do list...

4 Likes

Sorry if this is nagging, Mike, but can you move it up on your list, pleeeassse???:grinning:

I have this and would be happy to test if a driver is available.

It's not for lack of testers, when I have the device in hand (which i do), there's little to sort out when building the driver, it's simply a resource priority issue...

1 Like

I purchased this by mistake (thought I was getting 2 button) It came up as unknown, so I linked the 2 button Sylvania driver and it kinda worked. It sees the button 1 and button 2, but not 3 or 4. As a side issue I have 4 Sengled bulbs in a group and they are responding to the button pressing either turning off or on (mostly as a group, sometimes just a pair) This was a surprise as I never linked anything together. Funny as it's the exact group I am hoping to control. Oh well, waiting for the driver to be released.

I just finished the 4 button driver for this, it will be 2.0.7.
Yeah, this thing is nuts, if it doesn't get any configuration information when paired to HE (which is what happens when there's no driver for it) It promptly sets up zigbee group messaging for every zigbee switch and dimmer you own...

That's a little too auto magic for me...

It is also supper sleepy, which while good for battery life, doesn't help when removing it.
So if you don't wake it up first, it won't leave the network or accept configuration commands.

So as an fyi, you will need to remove it properly so it disassociates from the existing bulbs...

2 Likes

Mike, where can I find your driver 2.0.7 for the lightify smart switch? I have one coming tomorrow. thanks

It's in platform version 2.0.7, which is not in public release yet.
soon...

1 Like

Ok, thanks Mike. I will watch for the release.

:-1: Sounds like one to avoid. Thanks for making a driver for it though. If I'm thinking I need a schizophrenic device on my network, I seek out one of those.

It's just fine once it has an available driver, in other words it doesn't do this with the new driver, nothing to be scared of...

2 Likes

Thanks Mike. I've been waiting for this!

Mike, I have one coming tomorrow so I thought I would check with you. thanks

Just got the Sylvania Lightify Smart Switch. I am not getting it to include. I have reset it per the instructions.
Has anyone got this device to include? If so what is the trick? thanks

The driver hasn't been released yet? I don't think it will pair correctly till then. You'll need to wait for the driver in the next release.

[Edit] NVM

Ok, I thought there was a 2 switch driver someone was using until the 4 switch driver came out. Maybe I was thinking of something else. thanks

The poster above said it wasn't working as expected when using the two button driver and Mike said adding before the driver is out may mess with your mesh. Sounds like best to wait.

Agreed. Thanks for the reply.

Mike, how goes the progress for the 4 button switch driver? I haven't seen anything on the forum about it so I thought I would inquire. I think these little keypads or whatever you want to call them have potential to replace the minimotes. Cost is pretty good too. thanks