Lightify Smart Switch Wierdness

I was thrilled to learn that a driver had been written for this switch, since I had a couple of them on hand. I'd purchased them to use with my old SmartThings hub, but never paired them because nobody could get them to work with that system.

I went ahead and got one of the switches reset and paired with HE, then proceeded to set up a test to try it out, using button number 1 of the switch. A simple off-on toggle of one light group. I didn't set actions for any of the other buttons.

Imagine my surprise when I pushed another button and ALL my lights turned on.

It seems that this switch "captured" all of those lights!

Looks like I'm going to need to reset the switch again, then before using it, program any unused button with an action that doesn't do anything. I hope that will avoid the capture issue. Will I need to do that for the other unused switch functions (hold and release) as well?

Yeah, this will happen if the device doesn't join HE properly.
Please review notes here,

but you will have to delete it, factory reset it, then join it again properly.

I didn't know this, another first for Hubitat I guess...

By the way, thanks for going to the trouble of building a driver for this switch. The documentation out there for it is sketchy at best.

I looked through the other thread for info on pairing, and I'm a little confused. I've figured out the factory reset: top left/bottom right -- hold for about 10 seconds while the green light blinks at 1-second intervals, then it will begin rapidly blinking and then stop, then release the buttons.

I guess I haven't got the pairing part down yet. Which buttons do you push for that, for how long, and what light sequence should I see? The only documentation I have is what came in the box, and it assumes I'm pairing to a Lightify hub and using a smart-phone.

Oh, and just for reference, how are the buttons numbered? #1 is top left, but does the sequence proceed clockwise, left to right by rows, or top to bottom by columns?

All of that info is in that thread if you read the whole thing, anyway.
Top left is 1, bottom right is 4, after factory reset, activate join mode on the device by holding buttons 2 and 3 until they flash orange...

Thanks Mike!

The details about which button was which, and the reset/pair procedures were (to me, anyway) a little confusing. I appreciate having it made a lot more clear.

Yeah, very bizarre device behaviour wise, but nice at that price point.