[SOLVED] Mobile Apps Notifications not available

UPDATE: this issue has been resolved

If you continue to experience issues with notifications, please check out this post

We have identified an issue with the push notifications for both iOS and Android mobile apps and our engineers are currently investigating. We will update this post when the service has been restored.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to restore the service as quickly as possible.

10 Likes

The notification issue is also occurring in the old app as well. I tested it in both 1.7.4 and 1.7.5 on Android. The notifications appear in the Notifications tab within the app, but are not showing in the device notifications or making audible alerts.

9 hours of outage! still not working 9:30am UK time

Hubitat has never marketed itself as a security device. Yes it can integrate security devices but they have always said they are not a security device and should not be used for life and death situations... Personally I've always used pushover as I can have different sounds for different levels of events.

4 Likes

The old app is active and available on both Apple and Google app stores. It has never been retired yet. However, this issue impacts both apps.

1 Like

Hours, not days. The time zone difference worked against you, unfortunately, but we will restore the service as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

1 Like

I love my Hubitat hub, but if I had a family member in a nursing home and I learned they were using a DIY home automation hub and dependent on cloud-based notifications to keep a loved one from wandering out of their room, I’d have more questions for the management of the nursing home than I would for the support staff of the automation hub.

6 Likes

Thank you @bobbyD. Glad it wasn’t so thing on my end. Just tested it again, it seems to working again. Just for clarification, should we all be migrating over to the new HE App?

Just checked mine and it seems to be working for me as well. Thank you to the HE team!

1 Like

Thank you, sucks when you find out fat 2am and try to fix it thinking it was your own issue... lost three hours of sleep last night trying to fix lolol

I have a Samsung S22 running the Hubitat APP, and have not been able to receive any notifications before and after reinstalling the APP version 2.0.3(258) . I also have a Samsung S7 tablet running the same version of the APP with consistent reporting of Notifications. When I select the Notifications tab on the app on S22, it constantly has a spinning arrow and not one notification. Please advise for options to explore.

Log out of anything using the hubitat app.

From a web browser go to yourhubip>>devices and delete ALL notification devices related to phones, tablets etc.

Log back into the hubitat app(s) and let the phone(S)/tablet(s) create their devices again.

Adjust notification rules to reflect the new devices.

Do we really need to re-setup the mobile devices? That's a shame if it is the case. Not an issue for me personally, but a shame if people need to adjust not only any notifications, but also any presence-based automations.... I don't seem to have had any issues with notifications through the HE app (Android).

I agree it's very poor user experience and our engineers are investigating why for some, the existing methods of refreshing the token aren't working.

For others who run into this issue, there are a few options to try before applying the nuclear option:

1. make sure the app is up to date
  2. uninstal and reinstall the app
  3. go to More page then under App Settings, select Refresh
  4. Perform DNI surgery as described in this post
  5. Remove the mobile app devices on the hub, then create new ones.
1 Like

That's good to hear....

Perhaps add / link these steps in the original post? At least while they are relevant?

1 Like

The original post is about a different issue that was resolved and affected everyone, not only a small number of people. Though a link to the above post may help :wink:

1 Like

If only I could partially "strikethrough".... :slight_smile: Thanks...

1 Like

Better? :sunglasses: Thanks for your suggestion...

2 Likes

Schucks....

Inspire Schitts Creek GIF by CBC