Simple Automation Rule Stopped Working

I don't believe this is an issue with my rule because I haven't touched the rule in months and it worked flawlessly up until recently. When I open the door, light turns on as expected. When I close the door, despite the logs showing the door sensor correctly triggers a close, the rule doesn't fire:

Notice in the above screenshot it's set to turn off when the door is closed. Notice in the logs below you can see it turn on when the door is opened, you can see the log showing the door closed, but the light does not turn off.

I am experiencing this same issue for multiple similar rules where the lights turn on when a door opens but will not turn off when it closes.

I have had similar issues where light always turn on but sometimes don't turn off with simple/basic rules... moved them over to RM and all is well.

Reported it several times and never come up with a solution

Good luck

I have had similar issues on and off as well. Here is a post of mine from last January:

Try a delay..my guess is the mesh was still.busy. with.the open.

that’s not the case. It never even sent the off command. It also doesn’t matter how long I wait. Before the log entry I reproduced it after leaving the door open for 5 minutes. It never sends the command. A zniffer confirmed no off command is sent.

Yeah I found same where off was never sent. Then another platform release came along and simple automation started working again. Really don’t understand it but moved it to a RM rule temporarily while disabling the SA rule. Then later went back to the SA rule and it worked again. I haven’t seen this issue in a while though.

I’m curious about the light switch. What type is it and what driver are you using for it?

Have you tried replacing it with a virtual switch to see what would happen?

1 Like