Show Off Your Dashboards!

Point to your cgi feed of the camera and set refresh for every 1 second

1 Like

hey @diegodelprat I also found those tiles interesting - Although I had read many using backgrounds of a tile it had never registered.
So I took a single tile that already existed in my dashboard (our you can simply add one of your own to a dashboard and clicked the 3 dot menu. Inside the device on the right under Options is: Background Image Link. Stick your URL there from a feed.
It pretty much works for all tiles - I haven't reviewed what tile colors, css and overrides do to impact but thats the basics.

Theres a lot more to learn when it comes to what the URL looks like - there are many types of streams, and more to cameras than you want to know but if you've already got that part done it's straightforward. I'm using BlueIris to serve all my cameras and allow me motion triggers (using the motion from the camera to cause HE to turn on spotlights for example). As you can see in my example image I also put an overlay image onto the camera (nothing to do with HE) of external data.
Lastly, in the OP I noticed the icon was small and located left edge bottom - I'm certain thats a css thing. I hope I'm not being to rudimentary but I felt it was a good question that others may read someday and a more detailed response would be helpful.

1 Like

I can not put my cameras in HE, I enter the IP that it gives me and it does not open anything, I have been trying for a long time but I abandon it, I used tinycam and if I saw them from the app but I cannot access the address, example: 192.168. 31.606, that would be my device io, my camera is a c200 cap and it has onvif, I don't understand where the problem is

well a little problem there in your example at least - thats an invalid IP address... assuming thats a typo- work it backwards - if you can't get it in a page, try using ODM (onvif device manager) to somehow determine the URL - Camera urls don't always start with HTTP / https - sometimes it's something like :
'rtsp://admin:12345scw@192.168.1.210/unicast/c2/s2/live` - notice the user:passwrd which is commonly admin:admin but try all the combo's of root:root admin:admin admin:password or admin:12345 (a VERY common Chinese default).
Another idea is to download a trial of BlueIris and then let BI autodetect it. It will find something like 4000 camera types now. That will let you build out the string.
Look for the SW that came with the camera. often you can use it to deduce the URL then bypass their software.
Is the camera currently displaying anywhere? Maybe you can pick it off from there?

But just having the IP isn't normally enough. Generally you need to pass the username and password, the protocol (RTSP or HTTP) the Port and the service directory or dedicated url extension as in the example above. I'm spoil as I installed secCams for years and have tons of tools and a deep knowledge of them - just keep pounding at it till you break through!
(PS - you mentioned Onvif - Find and download ODM (OnviF Device Manager and install it. Then add your IP address of the camera and ODM will suss it out and give you access. Then, look on the Live video where you can pick up the string I've highlighted in yellow at the bottom)

If you get this far - most browsers won't let you run an RTSP string in the URL anymore directly. But you can use VideoLan (VLC) and drop that in the Network Stream URL to test.

Once you've gotten this far (fingers crossed!) you can then play around - the "channel" value is usually the Main stream and a low-res substream generally. yOU can choose to not overload your dashboard by setting the background image to the substream but have it active so if it's clicked you show the main/HD stream. You can even put the PTZ commands on here too!

2 Likes

Some exciting possibilities with @mbarone 's iFrameAdvanced driver. Did a very quick and dirty virtual iFrame device hosting a small dashboard for thermostat (A/C) control. Obviously not styled the way I want it just yet, I eventually want to include it in my Zone Control dashboard I have posted earlier. Another use will be for the cycling of weather radar images without needing to have them displayed on screen all the time, another project I have been working on. Or even a static menu on the left / bottom / top and other dashboards open in an iFrame...

iFrameAdvanced_AC_Control

Another small step taken, can now see if the washer or dryer is active.

3 Likes

A number of new things since getting much more into utilizing the HSM portion of HE

A little explanation....

This whole thing is continually evolving. Was very back and forth on virtual vs physical keypad. I went virtual due to flexibility of being able to use it for more than just HSM (although that's all it is controlling right now).

I'm still playing with formating for the most part. Heavy use of CSS. I just came up with the transparent/greyed out switches on the right side. Basically every switch on the main dashboard is connected to some kind of alert so seeing them when they're off is not needed and since I am constantly changing the background, more of it can be seen. I plan on playing around with a pretty slick iframe driver I just discovered to see what I can do with freeing up more of the background at certain times.

Lastly, I am just starting to get into sounds for different things. My goal is having the full function of a conventional security system (chimes, beeps, dings etc for various functions) but I am having major lagging issues with them (press a button and a number of seconds go by before intended sound is heard). These are being done through Fully Kiosk Controller with files saved to File Manager. I'm wondering if I moving the files to the tablet it's self will take care of the lag?

I also have contact sensors events announced through native HE TTS through the tablet.

3 Likes

I have a 34 inch TV that is spare so I thought I would mount it on the wall and use a Raspberry Pi to display my dashboard which contains security camera outputs plus temperatures, etc. Has anyone done this already? The pi will be powered from one of the USB outputs of the TV and simply mounted on the back. I will connect it using WIFI so it is a complete package.

I've been dying to do a Magic Mirror with a big dashboard. There's a touch screen one I'm thinking will be awesome. Next years project!

2 Likes

If its not going to be interactive, you can use magic mirror to display any Web page(dashboard) in an iframe

Understood - I'm really excited about the Android Dashboard from @jpage4500 and currently I'm running that on a portrait display from a Win10 machine using Bluestacks for the Android VM. I want the great interaction this most excellent dashboard has so I'll need the touchscreen portion - I'll also embedded an Alexa, some backlighting thats dynamic, and some other features I've planned. There are some really great video's of these/items like this I intended to mimic!

@mark.cockcroft. Has anyone posted on how they did this? Always liked magic mirror but never created one due to the cost of the touch film. This could have distinct possibilities.

Not on here, there is tons in their website. If you need a lift on integration with HE you can send http requests to do stuff like turn off screen and back on

hello how did you put the keypad on the dashboard ??

Virtual keypad. [RELEASE] Virtual Keypad

2 Likes

Plus a lot of extra CSS work, in my particular case (in addition to what is already laid out in the post).

With the recent updates to my Status Avatar Driver and foundational features in Device Watchdog, I can now provide a more succinct status for my hubs, lights, smart plugs and contact sensors (using some Noun project icons that I need to include an attribution for...).

Next will be to include a pop-up dashboard when clicking on the icons to display more detailed reports from DW on a dashboard, taking inspiration from the Advanced iFrame Driver.

1 Like

I can't express how excited I am to start implementation of this! Sounds cliche but this really is a game changer because of it's dynamic use of dashboard space when it's at a premium (like mine)

1 Like

Latest version of my embedded keypad! Thanks @mbarone for the inspiration

I think this one is how it will be....

5 Likes