[RELEASE] Z-Wave Firmware Updater

It took about 2 hours to finish.

2 Likes

Took 16 minutes for me, but it is also the only device on the hub and is only a few feet from the hub.

1 Like

I also did the update from my C-4, not my C-7. Forgot about that huge difference.

Has anyone ever successfully excluded a Zooz device after doing a firmware update? I always have to force remove it from the device page and then do a factory reset on the device before re-including it. I'm not sure how exactly it happens, but I keep reading about creating phantom nodes by force removing devices. Is there something else I should be doing after updating?

Any time you update the firmware you should factory reset the device regardless of whether or not you had to forcefully remove it.

A secondary controller is really helpful here, un-pair, firmware upgrade, re-pair.

You can find out if you have any ghost nodes by checking settings, zwave details, then look and see if you have any devices besides the first that have nothing in the cluster column.

1 Like

Yes, I've successfully excluded every Zooz device that I've updated the firmware on, with nothing but the hub. May take a few tries, and I've found it useful for the hub to be close to the device.

S.

3 Likes

@bcopeland Hi! Were you able to figure out how to update the WD200. Mine is on version 5.11 and I would like to update it to version 5.14. There is a problem with one of the leds getting stuck turned on. If I set it to off it stays off for 1 second and gets back to on again.

Anybody has the latest hex firmware file for the Leviton DZ6HD?

Thanks! Just updated the docs with a specific page for Fan/Light and specific page for the Dimmer.

Thanks all for bringing this up!

3 Likes

I have a few of these in my house. I emailed their support a few days ago. They said 1.20 is the latest version. If you bought yours recently as I did they should already have it (I confirmed that mine did).

@bcopeland

I have to update the firmware on a device and read the ZWave firmware update had a change for some issue I don't recall.

I updated my ZWave firmware code from the link
link from code entry

It is still identified as V1.00 Is this the current / correct version?

Thanks
John

There are two "V1.00" firmware updaters out there. :slight_smile:

@bcopeland cranked out a super-quick emergency update to allow multiple targets and to handle a different file type.

The "right one" depends on what you need to do (hex vs. bin and a single target vs. multiple).

1 Like

Once again, here is a link to my post upthread, summarizing:

2 Likes

I'm on version 1.17. It would be nice if I could get my hands on the version 1.20 of the hex file so I can update through Hubitat as I don't have the z-wave stick.

Have you contacted Leviton support?

I found the driver for 1.20 but it's in format not supported. That's why I want the hex files.

I don’t have your device, and you haven’t told us the format of the file you have. There are several posts upthread describing how to manually extract the hex data. Here is one:

Here (combined with the post following it) is another:

The firmware can be found here https://filetransfer.leviton.com/link/9LrvU6A5pfP01P9D0LDinj/download/Leviton%20OTA-V12.zip. The file is an executable that looks for a usb z-wave stick. I'm afraid of trying to do the process you posted and brick my device...

It's very unlikely you'll brick your device. It won't flash if it's not correct.

Been there ... done that.