[RELEASE] Z-Wave Firmware Updater

Not sure what you are asking. Did you install the driver? If not, are you asking where to get it and how to install a user-written driver? This is not a built-in driver.

Oh, and welcome to the community!

1 Like

There are basically two ways to get this. Manually importing it (link to Github in first post) or by using the Hubitat Package Manager. Package Manager is nice because once you get the app installed, it is much easier to search for new community based apps and drivers, and it simplifies installing and updating things, especially something like Echo Speaks where there are multiple apps and drivers needed for one (main) application.

Again, you will have to import this Github raw link into the Apps Code section of Hubitat, but once you do that, it is fairly straightforward from there.

Just a caution: there are two versions of the updater, which one you need depends on the type of update file you are uploading. Unfortunately, both versions have the same version number, so it’s confusing, both to users and to HPM. For this reason, this is the one driver that I’d suggest not using HPM to do the install. Instead, figure out which type of firmware file you have, then read the first post of this thread to understand the types of files handled by the first version of the driver, then scan through this thread until you find the code for the second version with a discussion of the file types for it.

1 Like

You are correct, there are two updaters. But given these are DZ6HD Leviton, I think (please double check me) that the original one is what you want.

So, if yours is a boot loader included hex file, you need the version in the first post of the thread. What is the type of your firmware update file?

Here’s the first post of the thread with instructions and a GitHub link to the driver code:

https://community.hubitat.com/t/release-z-wave-firmware-updater/38237/1

And here is a link to the “new” version with comments by the programmer:

https://community.hubitat.com/t/release-z-wave-firmware-updater/38237/860

3 Likes

Well I don't know how I missed that but thank you @neonturbo and @672southmain ! I'll go get that driver added right now.

And thanks for the welcome @672southmain. Sorry I missed that snippet of code. Sleep training my kid which means I get very little :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So for the DZ6HD's do we use the original? I could never get that to work with the original haha, was hoping this updated version would be better

I don’t have that device, so I can’t answer. What type of update file (file extension type?) do you have? That is the determining factor.

1 Like

I Was using Leviton-DZ6HD_01_20.hex from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/djdizzyd/hubitat/master/Drivers/Z-Wave-Firmware-Updater/Leviton-DZ6HD_01_20.hex, but looks like that's gone now actually

If you can find a copy of that file, .hex work best on the original (first version).

1 Like

Though not in the case of this particular DZ6HD I guess, but thanks

Anyone else still having issues with the "please wake up your sleepy device" error? I've been trying to update an Inovelli lzw-31-sn and a lzw42 and both of them fail at the same error. I tried to capture logs and what not when I tried updating the lzw42 but this is all I get in the logs.

dev:2 2020-08-26 11:08:03.244 am debuglocked by:

On the device page the current states are as follows:
Current States
firmwareUpdateProgress : Please wake up your sleepy device
lockedBy : None
currentFirmwareVersion : null
firmwareUploadPercent : null
firmwareTarget : null
manufacturerId : null

I have to be doing something wrong because it looks like its doing nothing. I have tried loading the file locally and using http://192.xxx.yyy.zzz:8080/local/LZW42_2_30.hex and I've tried using the direct link from inovelli http://files.inovelli.com/firmware/LZW42/Beta/LZW42_2.30.hex both fail with the same output.

I read that it may be related to being connected directly to the hub and because this is a brand new C7 device I removed all devices and only had 1 device connected and the hub was only 3-4 feet away and it still failed with the same issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Which version of the updater are you using? See my post above:

I have used both versions of the updater and they both fail the same.

Ok, is the device paired securely? I don’t believe that the Firmware Updater works with a securely-paired device.

1 Like

I included/excluded the switch multiple times changing the security settings and no matter what I tried it always came up as "none" and it always failed update. The bulb on the other hand always pairs as S0 and like the switch, always fails.

When checking the security setting of the devices are we wanting them to state "none" or something else?

So I am getting an error..

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method and() on null object on line 461 (firmwareStore)

I saw that there was some issues with Dropbox.. but I am downloading it right from Index of /firmware and no luck. I am also using a local HTTP server and it gives that error and then the " Padding hex bytes...

edit: I even have the old version of the updater and the original file that I had that was a version behind. but no luck. this is the same switch's that I had before (i never got to the last one)

Any idea?