[RELEASE] Z-Wave Firmware Updater

where to i find the otz or hex file for leviton switches and dimmers?

I haven't looked through the whole thread, but any luck flashing series 1 inovelli? Bought in Jan 2018, paddle w/ scenes.

I’m trying to update my Inovelli LZW31-SN dimmers. It gets to the point of saying “Device accepted request. Starting upload” and after at least 10-12 the furthest it’s ever gotten is 6%. Sometimes it hangs after 1%, sometimes 3%, etc. Even though the zwave settings shows the switches are connected directly to the hub, I’ve tried moving the hub within a foot of the devices but same result.
I saw the earlier posts about air gapping the Inovelli’s but seems that since it’s starting the upload that shouldn’t be an issue? Any suggestions?

Is it possible to try putting the hub a few feet from the switch during the process?

The last 3 attempts I had the hub less than a foot away. Maybe I need to do a zwave repair after the hub is right next to the dimmer? The two dimmers I’ve tried so far are about 6 feet away from the hubs permanent location.

And, you're on the latest version of the hub firmware?

My updates went pretty well doing that try to minimize other zwave activity, perhaps.

I purchased an Aeotech Z Stick to reflash my Zooz Zen23 after the Firmware adaptor wiped the firmware. I can get the switch to connect and turn it off/on, but it won't allow me to upload the firmware to reflash it via the Z-Wave PC Controller software. Does anyone know where I can find instructions to force a firmware update on the switch?

[EDIT] Just wanted to give an update. Zooz had me rejoin the switch with Level 0 Security. I was able to reflash the device (No more "Sleepy Device" warning), and now it's working fine with the new firmware.

where do i find the otz or hex file for leviton switches and dimmers? i have around 30+ leviton switches and dimmer and they all are on version 1.15 or lower. can someone help me in finding the right files

I need the .hex file for all the leviton devices. since i have most of them

Have you contacted Leviton support?

yes i got the exe file from leviton and I extracted bin file from the exe using resourcesextract tool and then i used srecord tool to convert the bin to hex. however i am still not able to upload the file as it is stuck on below message

Which firmware version did you use?

You’ve got two choices: the “first” Firmware Updater, or the “second” Firmware Updater. See my post upthread:

Seems like you should have used the “first” version on your hex file because it needed padding.

i have used the first firmware updater

That seems correct. I guess you could try the extracted bin file with the second one.

@bcopeland would be the one who knows. I’ve never tried it on Leviton devices.

now it is stuck at device flashing for more than 1 hour with the new driver

That usually means that it’s done. Change driver back, see what firmware version is. You may have to go through the exclude/include or factory reset dance. I seem to recall that the Zooz devices that I flashed did a factory reset when done, had to be included again. Your Lutron devices might be similar. The Firmware Updater has some rough edges. As the saying goes, “When the dog sings opera, don’t complain that his pitch is off.”

no change :frowning:

Well, then, I am stumped. Sure that Leviton didn’t give you version 1.15 to flash?

this is what i got from them

Leviton OTA-V12.zip

Looks like you have done everything right. Someone who has successfully flashed that Leviton switch will have to step in, or perhaps @bcopeland might have an insight, because he wrote the firmware updater. He’s pretty busy right now, I suspect, slamming out code and squashing bugs in his day job on the Hubitat staff.