[RELEASE] Rachio Community (dashboard + hose timers)

Did you go into the Hubitat Dashboards app, select the dashboard you are working with, and list the newly added devices as one that dashboard can access? If you forgot to do that, you are not alone .. it happens to me all the time.

Thank you! that was it relative to adding to the dashboard.
Do you know if anyone has a Ranchio 3 working with HE just using the included app that shows the status on the dashboard when turning on via the phone app?
again, thanks

Would like to now update to the Rachio Community PKG! looks really good.
Would someone mind helping me with how to get and use the files?
Do I use this file “Update packageManifest.json” from GetHub ?
If so, how do I download and use in on a Windows PC ?
After sending this for help, I will see if I can roundup my old GitHub sign-in.
Switching from Crestron, Vera, HAI, UPB lighting to Hubitat, Lutron, Rachio . . . is a big change for me. Your help has been great. thanks

I recommend installing Hubitat Package Manager (HPM) first, and then installing the Rachio Community app via HPM. That will be less of a hassle long-term, since HPM can keep Rachio Community updated automatically.

If you nonetheless want to install manually, the following links will guide you on how to do that.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Install_Custom_Apps
https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Install_Custom_Drivers

No, this is a file that is read by HPM. Ignore this if manually installing.

Should I have "hubitat package manager(HPM)" built in app?
If so don't have it?
Thanks!

No, it's a custom app. Install instructions are on the HPM post here: [BETA] Hubitat Package Manager

I’m a first time user of HE.
You guy(S) really help me learn how to use HE, HPM and adding Rachio Community Package.
Also, got some great help from thebearmay on how to install HPM.

HPM and Rachio Community Package now installed and working! But, without the Dashbaord tile.
Zones device Tiles went in ok and work.

I can install a Rachio Device tile with the weather template but it doesn’t have graphics or work. Should I be linking to a Rachio template somewhere? Attached Rachio commands photo.

I'm reluctant to advise because all my sprinkler devices and automations are disabled this time of year, but I think this is all you need to do to create the dashboard tile:

You should delete the link from your post. It has your hub access token. You don’t want others to know that.

1 Like

Thank you!
Is that image a static image or is it supposed to be updating?

Have you tried setting the dashboard tile literally like I posted? I think that works for me, although I can't verify at the moment. If image template doesn't work, try attribute.

Ok will try that too..
Is the watering schedule via the Rachio phone app? or is there a Rachio community schedule as well ?
I have about an hour left to work on this today and back at it tomorrow. thank you guys for the help.

Others will probably give you a different answer, but as for me ...

The Rachio native app is far superior to anything I would hope to do in HE. I just want to see what's going on from within HE, and also have Rachio turning on a zone mirror to my Orbit B-Hyve valves.

Not to confuse matters, but the only thing I do from HE to control Rachio is that I have a relay controlled by HE that is wired as a rain sensor on the Rachio. I call this "Sprinkler Disable" on my dashboard. From any of my dashboard tablets, I can easily turn off the sprinkler if, say, I plan to mow the yard early the next morning. [Note: similar functionality can be done using the integration, but I already had this setup from years ago].

I agree. I’m personally content with the intelligence that Rachio natively uses for scheduling, and just use the integration to pull the scheduling info into Hubitat

I think all is well with the Rachio community pkg!
Need to get more familiar how to take advantage of it.
Ops, forgot to ask should I have an actual outside temperature show on the Tile?
I knew before I started, HE the required learning curve but didn't know how helpful you guys were! THANKS

Im just happy you developed this app Justin, tx again

1 Like

I'm trying to issue a skip in webCoRE. I see that there are some Rachio commands available that might be relevant...

doSetRainDelay(..)
increaseRainDelay(..)
setRainDelay(..)

If I wanted to run this rule early every Friday morning (say, before I mow the lawn) and skip watering for the day, which one would I use and does it require a parameter?

I think setRainDelay with a value of 1 (for 1 day). I assume there's a reason you would do this instead of just adjusting the schedule to begin with...

The Rachio schedule is a Flex Daily schedule, so when they run depends on rain and weather that week. Last summer I skipped them manually when I noticed it was scheduled for Friday-mowing-day, but it would be nice to automate it.

Edited to add: I'll give this a go over the next week with some trial and error. I haven't turned on my sprinklers yet this spring so right now it's just skipping the schedule. No real watering is happening.

1 Like

Even with the Flex Daily scheduling, you can specify which specific days to water. If you have a regular schedule (e.g. skip every Friday), this is probably the easiest way to accomplish what you’re looking for. If it’s a less-predictable schedule, then using manual skips is probably a better approach.